Internet today makes it easy for people to view different types of videos that interest them on many platforms.
However, a common problem arises because you must first depend on an active internet connection to access and stream those content. So, what do you do if you face a low or no connection condition?
Downloading the video offline is the next natural step, but many platforms do not provide that direct feature. In this condition, users can do the video download by link. In this post, that is the main point of discussion, including points like why and how to download video from the link.
In this article
Part 1: Why Should You Download Videos Offline?
id="part1"There are many reasons why people want to download any URL link or video from a website instead of streaming the content. Here are some of the commonly noticed ones.
1. Ability to edit further
The video files available on the streaming platforms directly are not editable. As a content creator, for example, a YouTuber that wants to post edited song videos from movies, downloading the content first is necessary. Then, editing the video using another video editor software is possible.
2. Having no internet connection
People in different areas of the world can access content online, thanks to the interconnected network support available. However, while it is possible for many people to get an internet connection now, other factors like electricity and power capacity can influence user experience.
For example, people living in an area with frequent power failures may have trouble connecting to the internet when power loss occurs. They cannot connect to a WiFi router, so they cannot view content, even if they typically have internet access in their location. Thus, in this case, users want to use link download video to get their shows/movies offline, so they are not dependent on power connections.
3. Easy to share
Sharing different video files across platforms or apps is not always simple. This is due to the streaming and content distribution laws the streaming providers exercise. In that case, you must download the file to share it how you want.
For example, users that want to share Instagram reels they see on the app on WhatsApp stories can press the Share option for it. But, the video gets added to the story section as a link that other viewers have to click on to be redirected to Instagram to watch.
In this case, if you want to share such a video and want your contacts to see it on your WhatsApp story directly, you must video download from the link.
4. Region-related barriers
Many areas and OTT platforms that showcase different content types, like TV shows and movies, have regional regulations in place. Only people living in the said region can view the content. So, if you want to watch shows from other countries, you can use a video download link to save them offline if you have their URL.
5. Free access
Many streaming service providers only allow subscribed members to access the platform and watch the available content, like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc. So, downloading is the better alternative for people who want to watch the shows but do not have enough money to subscribe.
Part 2: How to Download Videos from Online URLs?
Now that you know why one needs to download link video files, the question arises about how to do so. Different tools are available now for this process, both internalized and externalized, with their benefits and flaws.
- In-built video viewers on the desktop- Users can utilize device-based viewing tools to watch the files offline. For example, Windows users can download and record their on-screen video using the Game Bar feature. However, it is complex to handle for most technologically challenged users and those without access to PCs.
- In-app downloading function- Some streaming platforms, like Netflix, allow users to download the shows they watch for offline viewing. However, this is only accessible if you subscribe to said platform and have a paid membership plan. Plus, you can view the downloaded episodes or movies on Netflix only within Netflix.
- Online downloaders- These are the platforms where users utilize the link to video download Many online downloader tools are available that are easy to access and free to use. Plus, the process for video link download PC is simple to follow. Some online tools do not have limitations in file size, but that differs from tool to tool.
Part 3: Top Tools to Try for Downloading Videos Offline from Links
Overall, using an online downloader tool to download videos with links is the easiest method, as demonstrated in Part 2 of this post. In this context, there are multiple different tools available to select from. Know more about them and then make your best choice.
This online tool is highly useful for downloading video clips from the Twitter platform. Users only need to get the link for video download. It is simple to access the site on any web browser or even device, which makes it suitable for getting Twitter videos offline.
- Instant downloading in seconds.
- Download the file in MP4 and MP4 HD versions.
- Free to use.
- Multi-device support.
How to use:
Step1 Go to Twitter and copy the video link for the clip you want to save.
Step2 Visit this online downloader site and add the URL here.
Step3 Choose Download MP4/Download MP4HD.
Step4 Wait some seconds for the downloading process to complete.
Like the one about Twitter video downloading, this online tool focuses instead on YouTube videos specifically. You can add the URL of the video from YouTube you want to download to this online downloader.
The process takes some time to complete depending on the file size, and you can choose the format as well.
- Works with the latest technology.
- An unlimited number of downloads.
- No registration necessity here.
- Different audio/video formats, like 3GP, MP4, MP3, WMV, etc. are supported for conversion.
How to use:
Step1 On the website, add the URL of the YouTube video you saved from the site (by clicking on Share > Copy Link for the video) into the text box.
Step2 Choose the Start button.
Step3 Select the video and audio formats and press Download.
For TikTok users, the SSTik online downloader tool is useful for the download video by link process. Users must add their TikTok video URLs here for instant detection and downloading process.
There is no limit to the number of videos you can download using this downloader. In the end, get the downloaded file in high-quality resolution.
- No need to use the username to access.
- Avoid getting watermarked videos during downloads.
- The files are saved in HD quality.
- Supports MP3 and MP4 file exports.
How to use:
Step1 On TikTok, save the URL of the clip from the three-dotted icon.
Step2 Go to this online downloader and paste it. Then, hit Download.
Step3 After it loads up, choose the type of file.
Instagram users can depend on the online IGram tool for saving file types from social media platforms. You must verify your identity with image-based captcha prompts when you add an Instagram URL for download.
Then, you will instantly get the file offline without too many steps. Users can easily access IGram on different platforms, browsers, and operating systems.
- Download Instagram content of different types only via link.
- Instant conversion and download process.
- See the file preview after the software detects the URL.
- Save different types of Instagram content, like Stories, Live, Reels, etc.
How to use:
Step1 Press the Share button under the video you want to save on your Instagram app and choose Copy Link.
Step2 Go to IGram and paste the link.
Step3 Hit Download and wait for the process to complete.
For Pinterest users, Pokopin is the easiest one to utilize. You must access the Pinterest app and copy the link for the video you want to download. And then, paste said link into this online tool for instant downloading.
On this tool, you can later choose the format and resolution of the final file, like the HD or 1080p option.
- Works on different devices.
- Instant downloading process.
- Add and download unlimited videos from URLs.
- Download files in different formats, like MP4, MOV, etc.
How to use:
Step1 Go to Pinterest and find the clip. Press the Share icon and choose Copy Link.
Step2 On this Pokopin downloader, paste the said link and press Download.
Step3 Choose the video quality for confirmed downloading.
This online downloader works with Facebook content. You can access a reel or story on this app from your PC or mobile app and then copy the link for the video clip.
If the video is not privatized, you can add the URL to FDown and instantly get the clip offline. Users can download the Live videos, too, but only after completion.
- Download different Facebook-based videos, like Live, Stories, on the feed, etc.
- Works on multiple platforms.
- Free to utilize for instant downloads.
- Accessible for all users online without restrictions.
How to use:
Step1 Go to Facebook and search for the video you want to download.
Step2 Press the Share icon below the video and choose Copy Link.
Step3 Paste the link to this FDown online downloader on your preferred browser.
Step4 Hit Download to save the file.
Bonus Tip: What to Do If the Video Damages During Download?
After following the video download by link process, some users can experience quality-related issues. This happens for unprecedented reasons, like connection issues, improper file use, or other internalized errors.
In this case, you need to fix the downloaded video condition. Repairit video repair tool is a suitable option to try for this process.
Repairit- Basic overview
Wondershare Repairit is a high-grade tool for quick and direct video repair after damage. You can also activate the advanced repairing feature to get automated fixing benefits while using this app.
It is simple for most professional- and beginner-level users alike and does not further harm video file quality. Instead, you can insert any video file and fix all corruption signs in the file smoothly.
- Add multiple video clips and repair them in groups.
- Compatible with video file formats, like MOV, MKV, AVI, MP4, etc.
- Works with varying various devices and platforms.
- Suitable with videos recorded via different camera types.
Overall, many users need to get their online available video content offline for better editing, sharing, and viewing experiences. In this context, you should download the video from a link using the online downloaders mentioned. Go through the options mentioned to select the best one for you.