Our eyes capture the beauty, but we often crave media files to recall and reminisce about the rich past. Any mishap happening to our memories can put a mental strain on our health, right? Our photos undergo corruption for unknown reasons, and we are willing to go the extra mile to resolve it.
This article discusses image corruption and brings solutions to fix corrupt images online. Moreover, it allows the reader to adopt some workable tips that will avoid the problem in the first place. So, are you excited? Let us do this!
Table of Contents
After running into a problem, it is highly suggested that you look for its background causes. How will this help? It will be a fair attempt to avoid those causes in the future. In this section, allow us to introduce you to some of the major causes of image corruption. This will help us move on toward fixing corrupted images. Let us have a look!
Corrupted File System
Most times, during the saving process, the system crashes down and loses power. The process gets interrupted and makes the image file corrupted. This is because the specific process has been left midway and incomplete.
Virus or Malware Attack
Any virus or malware attack on a system or device leads to the data getting damaged, making it useless. Viruses can attack all kinds of data; thus, photos are also vulnerable to their attack. The use of a proper anti-virus is the key to this problem.
Bad Sectors in Storage Media
There are bad sectors in storage media that include SD card, pen drives, and hard drives. These sectors rack up on the optical disc, making all the media flawed and inaccessible. This can be caused by the inappropriate management of the hard drive and other storage media.
Incompatible File Format
Sometimes, the format in use does not support the media file, making the file damaged and infected. Try to find some platform that supports the file format across the computer.
Interruption in Transfer
While transferring a file, the interruption can make it useless, infecting and damaging it. In addition, data loss would make the file look useless, as it won't launch perfectly.
Degradation of Image Files
The storage media lose their orientation with time. It is usually related to extreme weather conditions such as high humidity or heat. This results in the degradation of the bits stored in the media.
Have you come here looking for answers to the question, "how to fix corrupted images online?" Well, you are on the right side of the tracks. This section will provide you with five methods to fix damaged image files online. However, we advise you to follow the guidelines and procedure for favorable results.
Method 1: Using Online Photo Repair Tool to Fix Videos
What better way would it be to perform photo repair online free in a safe environment? Wondershare Repairit Online provides an exceptional feature of photo repairing. This tool provides a complete environment to repair corrupted photos online. While it offers extensive support to file formats, you can find it quite popular across them. The ability of Repairit Online is so vital that it helps you repair photos across any device. With a user-friendly interface, it is a complete online repairing package.
The main features of Wondershare Repairit Online:
- Fix any level of corruption with a very high success rate: photos pixelated, covered with grey areas, cannot be opened, etc.
- It supports customers repair 300 photos per month and supports each photo of 300M online.
- Repair critically damaged or corrupted photos available on SD cards, phones, cameras, USB flash drives, and more.
- The online version supports various photo formats: JPEG/JPG/CR3/CR2/NEF/NRW/RAF/DNG/TIF/TIFF.
- The "AI Image Upscaler" feature can enlarge the repaired photos to 2X, 4X, and 8X
- Security enough: files are transferred via a 2048-bit encrypted connection and deleted after 3 hours.
- It fixes photos online without damaging the original quality or integrity.
To understand how you can use it to repair your corrupted images, let's find out:
Step 1: Import Corrupted Photos.
As you open and access the Online Photo Repair tool, click on the "Add" button. You can also add or drag the photos in the provided area.
Step 2: Perform Photo Repair.
With the files uploaded successfully, click "Repair" to start the process. Repairit will repair all photos and display their results in a preview.
Step 3: Preview and Save Results.
Once satisfied with the results, click on the "Download" icon. This will save the repaired image across your computer successfully.
If you are not satisfied with the results, you can also use Advanced Repair Mode. For this, you will have to provide a sample photo by clicking "Upload Sample Photo".
Step 4: AI Photo Upscale Online (Before Saving and Downloading).
Before downloading the repaired photos locally, you can also use the "AI Image Upscaler" feature to enlarge your photos to 2x, 4x, or 8x, without changing the clarity of the photos.
Method 2: Using Adobe Photoshop Express Online
We can always use Adobe Photoshop Express to cope with corrupted image files. How does it work? It permits you to upload the image file in the online tool where they can view, edit, add art effects and adjust it accordingly. We have established easy steps for you if you are unfamiliar with how this works.
- Launch Adobe Photoshop Express Online.
- Sign in to your account.
- From the interface, add the corrupted image file.
- After a microsecond, the image will be previewed.
- In the left panel, you can edit the image as you wish.
- On the top panel, hit the "Download" image.
- From there, rename the file, change the format, and control the quality.
- Hit the "Download" button, and there you go!
Method 3: Using Online Office Recovery Tool
The second method to fix corrupted image files is guaranteed to work. Online Office Recovery Tool is an online web-based platform that deals with problems of the same nature. One can always use this online tool to fix infected image files. So, without further delay, let us get right to the procedure.
- Launch www.online.officerecovery.com.
- From the interface, tap on the "Choose File."
- Browse the corrupted image file that needs to be repaired.
- After uploading the image, tap "Secure Upload and Repair."
- After a couple of minutes, the file will be repaired. Select "Get the Repaired File" to preview it.
- You can download the demo results from the link, and there you go!
Method 4: Using Wondershare UniConverter
We shall now introduce you to another wonderful method to get you out of this fix in seconds. You can use Wondershare UniConverter to convert the corrupted image file into a format that is readable and accessible. It is an online repair tool and works like magic to convert your file format into JPG, PNG, TIFF, and BMP. Follow the steps below vividly so you can better fix corrupt images.
- Launch Wondershare UniConverter.
- Drag the corrupted image files from the interface to initiate the conversion process.
- Click on the targeted format.
- In the final step, download the image and save it at your desired location.
Method 5: Using the Backup
If you have backed up all your image files that are now corrupted, this solution is made for you. Now, the question arises how will this fix work? For starters, you can check your backup and look for the files that have undergone corruption. You can download it from there and delete the corrupted ones.
The backup can be in any cloud service or storage media. Therefore, you might want to choose your backup and avoid image corruption forever.
Lastly, let us bring you an amazing offline tool that has taken it upon itself to handle damaged images. If you are facing issues in handling your images across online repairing tools, you can definitely move towards Wondershare Repairit for an impressive experience.
This photo-repairing tool comes with extensive photo format. It helps you manage your photos efficiently and provides you with impressive options. This includes Advanced Photo Repair, which allows you to repair your image in-depth.
Repair damaged photos with all levels of corruption, such as grainy photos, dark photos, pixelated photos, faded photos, etc.
Repair images of diverse formats: JPEG/JPG/CR3/CR2/CRW/RAF/NRW/TIF/TIFF/DNG/ARW/NEF/GPR/PNG/ORF/SR2/GIF
Repair critically damaged or corrupted photos available on SD cards, phones, cameras, USB flash drives, and more.
The "AI Image Upscaler" feature can enlarge the repaired photos to 2X, 4X, and 8X.
No Limit to the number and size of repairable photos compared with the online version of Repairit.
Compatible with Windows PC, Mac OS, and supports PC to mobile transferring/sharing.
Following a simple set of instructions, you can have your desired results.
Step 1: Downloading the software.
Start by downloading the tool on your computer. As it is downloaded, install and launch the tool across your device. On the interface, lead to the "More Types Repair" section and choose "Photo Repair"
Step 2: Insert corrupted image photos.
Click on the "+Add" button. Import the corrupted images across the platform.
Step 3: Initiate the Repair and Preview.
Once added, click the "Repair" button and initiate the process. This will perform the quick repair of your image files. Once done, lead to the preview screen to check out the results.
Step 3: Save the repaired photos.
After previewing the repaired photos, you can click the "Save" button to download them on your computer or Mac.
Here you can use the "AI Image Upscaler" funtion to enlarge the repaired photos to 2x, 4x, or 8x, and if unsatisfied with the results, you can consider doing "Advanced Repair". You need to provide a sample image file of the same format to perform the davanced photo repair process.
This section covers tips that can help you avoid image corruption and damage in the future. Look at them and never run into this problem in your life.
- Give your PC proper time to conclude the tasks, even if it takes a long time. There are several processes that take up some computing power; thus, they require time. If you hinder the process, this will damage your computer processes and settings.
- You must ensure the power supply is constant and protected. It would allow you to prevent all problems caused by these fluctuations. A constant power source would also cover all processes without any break.
- Keep your data at some backup location to avoid the loss of important files and images. Having a backup would allow you to manage the files in different situations. If you accidentally lose the original, you will always have a backup.
- If the system is showing errors and slow speed, you might want to give it attention and resolve the issue. Try out different techniques and close down unnecessary processes on your computer. You can do this with your Task Manager. This would essentially help you cast out all unnecessary procedures.
- Avoid interruption during sharing, saving, and downloading data. Interruptions can lead to data loss, which would make your files corrupt. Try not to do anything else on the computer during such transfers.
The article reflected on causes and methods to resolve image corruption. Furthermore, we brought some amazing tips that will permit you to avoid this problem. We hope that the article turns out to be helpful for you and puts you out of your misery!