The DJI Mavic Mini has become known in recent years as a preferred drone for the modern man. Its use is mostly seen among professionals like videographers, weddings, and events photographers, which generally deal with forestry and agriculture. The average college student finds himself all for this new invention in the tech world. DJI Mavic Mini drone is great for personal and commercial aerial shoots, making them ideal for usage.
Imagine all your high-vision videos and photos getting damaged. Not a palatable thought, right? Now, imagine there is a way you can repair DJI videos and have them back, good as new. Well, this article will help you achieve this, keep reading.
Part 1: Why do Files get Corrupted on DJI Mavic Mini?
You will discover here that not every cause of file corruption is your fault. Unforeseen errors sometimes occur and render your files corrupt and inaccessible. Therefore, your drone camera recordings can get corrupt because of the following reasons:
- Interruption during Video Recording: One reason why your DJI Mavic videos may get corrupted is an interruption during your recording process. If you abruptly switch off the camera while still recording, it could corrupt the video being recorded.
- An Infection from Virus: Virus infestation on any system or device causes harm to such a system or device. The same applies to your DJI Mavic Mini.
- Transfer Errors: It is fun sharing the photos and videos you have shot on your drone to various devices, right? Well, you will be surprised to know that this action exposes your files to risk. There is the possibility that those devices have been infected with malware. Thus, connecting them to your Mavic Mini makes it possible for the malware to get transferred to your drone or corrupt your files.
- Sudden System Shutdown: As you record or take shots with your drone camera, the abrupt shutdown of its system endangers your open files. This could happen as a result of a low battery. Also, while you are transferring video and photo files to and from your drone, any interruption will only lead to an error that may cause file damage.
- Exposure to High Temperatures: If you expose your drone to intense temperatures, you expose its saved contents to the risk of getting damaged.
Part 2: How to Repair Corrupt DJI Mavic Mini Videos
Video repair is a necessary part of owning a device such as the DJI Mavic Mini. This is because files often get corrupted from malware and viruses. Also, they can get corrupt from the premature closing of programs, all of which render the files inaccessible. There are several video repair software online that you can use for free to do a basic repair,class="img-fluid" although most will require you to subscribe or register to enjoy a full premium package.
This part will show you how you can repair your corrupt Mavic Mini videos using a professional video repair tool and perform your SD card's reassigning function. Read on.
Solution 1. Repair DJI Mavic Mini Videos with Recoverit
Losing your media files like photos, videos, and audios to corruption can be scary, but there is still hope. You can fix the files with the expert software called Wondershare Repairit Video Repair. It repairs severely corrupt videos presented in any format, from M2TS, MOV, AVI, 3GP, to M4V, FLV, and MP4.
The procedure involved in using this software is safe, and it ensures the complete high-quality repair of your videos. Wondershare Repairit Video Repair does its work in two repair modes: "Quick" and "Advanced." You can use either repair mode depending on badly corrupted your files are. To repair slightly corrupted video files, use "Quick repair," and fix badly corrupted video files, use the "Advanced repair" mode.
Moving on to the use of the software itself, follow these three steps, and your corrupt DJI Mavic videos will be fixed in little time:
Step 1: Add Your Corrupt Video File
All that is involved in this step is a simple "Drag and drop" of all the corrupt video files from your Mavic Mini.
Step 2: Repairing the Video
Start repairing the corrupt videos by selecting the "Repair" button located at the interface's bottom-right corner. You will see a progress bar to indicate how far the repair process is going at each point in time.
Step 3: Preview and View Files
Here, a message will appear to indicate the completion of your file repair. Click "OK" and save the repaired video files on any location of your choice. You can decide to leave the files in your DJI Mavic Mini storage instead of changing their location.
The above steps are for "Quick repair." If you discover that your video is severely corrupt, you can use the steps below to conduct an advanced repair.
Step 1: Add Sample Video
To start this advanced mode, first, add a sample video to the interface. A sample video ordinarily has the same format as your corrupt video file. Therefore, Wondershare Repairit Video Repair uses the information in the sample video as a reference in the repair of your badly damaged video file. This works because the software can deeply scan, analyze, and use the same elements found in both the sample and corrupt videos, all in a bid to perform an advanced repair of your corrupt video file.
Now that you grasp the importance of sample videos add sample videos by selecting "Advance Repair."
Step 2: Repair and Save the Video
After adding your sample video, select the "Save" option. A new window will appear. Choose "Repair" and sit back while Recoverit carries out the process of repairing your corrupt video files.
Now you can save the video file as soon as it is repaired. You can also preview the work before saving it if you so desire.
Solution 2. Repair Corrupted Videos from Not Recognized SD Card
The SD card containing your drone videos has a drive letter with which your system identifies it whenever you insert it into the system. Sometimes an error could indicate that the drive letter of the SD card has already been used. This error shows in a message like this:
"Please insert the disk into drive E:"
Related: Further, read and get a complete guide on SD Card Errors Detection and Repair.
You can assign a new drive letter to your drone's SD card by first inserting the card into your system, then follow these steps:
1. Go to start and open it. Next, open the "Disk Management" window by searching for "Create and format hard disk partitions," from where you will select the top result.
2. Right-click your card's drive and choose "Change Drive Letter and Paths" > "Change."
3. Click on "Assign the following drive letter," and from the menu that drops down, assign your card a new drive letter.
4. Select "OK" and repeat this action to complete it. You will not see this error again even after reconnecting your SD card to your system.
Solution 3. Repair Corrupted Videos via Command Prompt
All command-line tools, despite being so diminutive in size, pack a mean punch. This applies to Command Prompt too. You can use it to repair damaged videos and even other types of files too. Just do this:
Step 1: Press the "Windows" key, then type "cmd." When you see "Command Prompt," right-click on it and click on "Run it as Administrator."
Step 2: If you're using Windows 8, 8.1, or 10, you'll need to run the DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management) tool before running Command Prompt as administrator.
Step 3: In the Command Prompt window, type this command and hit enter:
DISM.EXE /ONLINE /CLEANUP-IMAGE /RESTOREHEALTH
The DISM will then use Windows Update to find the necessary files that will supplant the corrupt video files or repair the damaged ones, but the process can take a few minutes.
Step 4: The next type is to use the Command Prompt to scan your system for the corrupted files. Type this command in Command Prompt:
The above command will instruct your Windows to go through all the files and fix them, including the corrupt video files. You should know that the scanning process can take quite some time, but, in the end, your videos will all be fixed again. Just make sure you don't close the Command Prompt window while the process is going on, yeah? Could you wait until it's 100% complete? Once the scan concludes, you'll see one of these 4 messages:
- Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations - This means your operating system could not detect any corrupt files in your drive.
- Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation - This means you have to repeat the process and rerun SFC (System File Checker) but in Safe Mode.
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. This is the message you should be hoping to see because it means Windows found your corrupt video files and fixed them, along with any other damaged file is detected.
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but could not fix some of them- This is the message you'll see if the damage to the video files is too extensive, and Windows can't do anything about it.
If both methods 2 and 3 can't help you do the repair work, you need a video repair program like Wondershare Repairit Video Repair. That can help you fix all corrupted videos easily and quickly.
Part 3: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about DJI Mavic Mini
There are general questions people often ask about DJI Mavic Mini. Some of these questions will be answered here to give you a comprehensive knowledge of the drone you are using. These questions include:
1. What Are the Puzzles About DJI Video Repair
- Is it possible to preview the repaired video files even if I don’t have a media player installed?
Yes, it’s possible. Wondershare Repairit Video Repair has a feature that allows you to preview the repaired video files right from the software's interface.
- Does Wondershare Repairit Video Repair also fix corrupt High Definition files in MKV, MP4, and MOV formats?
Yes, the software is well and truly capable of repairing corrupt HD files, regardless of whether you capture it with your DJI Mavic, iPhone, DSLRs, android phones, etc.
- How long does it take for Wondershare Repairit Video Repair to fix the corrupt videos?
The answer varies, depending on the size and format of the video in question. Also, the more videos you want to repair, the longer the process. But every video will be fixed once the software is through.
- Can I view the repaired files on macOS too, or is it just Windows?
Yes, you can. The repaid videos will work fine on both macOS and Windows. They’ll also work on any mobile device capable of playing the major video formats.
2. What Are the Specs of DJI Mavic Mini Drone?
The DJI Mavic Mini weighs a low 249 grams, making it unnecessary to go under certain FAA regulations like registration. This weight has been classified as one of the safest for drones and most portable for the average individual.
The DJI Mavic Mini uses a CMOS sensor which is 1/2.3 inches and 12MP, with a shoot of up to 1080/60fps or 2.7K/30fps.
- Flight time
This drone can fly non-stop for thirty minutes once it's fully charged. It takes only 90 minutes to charge the battery with the use of the DJI 18W USB charger.
3. Know Something About DJI Mavic Mini Drone Data
- Is there internal storage in DJI Mavic Mini?
This drone requires a microSD card to be able to save footages that have been taken with it. This means that it does not have internal storage sufficient enough for your storage needs.
- Are there obstacle avoidance systems in DJI Mavic Mini?
Mavic Mini has a system it uses to avoid obstacles. It attains stability in its positioning with the help of its downward sensors and GPS. If you are flying in a place where there are obstacles, you should use the 360 degrees Propeller Guard, which protects the propellers and ensures your drone is flown safely.
- How can I recover lost photos and videos from my Mavic Mini?
You can apply several methods in recovering your DJI files, such as using video cache on the DJI Fly app, reinstalling the driver, performing Chkdsk, or using third-party recovery software like Recoverit. Note that if you want to ensure complete recovery of your media files in their original quality, the tool you can rely on is the Recoverit software because the other recovery methods are limited in this regard.
You can now cheer up knowing that you have been given the right tool to use for repairing your corrupt Mavic Mini-media files. Did you have questions about the DJI Mavic Mini? Well, the answers under Frequently Asked Questions should have taken care of your most pressing questions. Now, repair your corrupted DJI videos easily.