We constantly consume video content on various platforms, from educational content to entertainment. In many cases, the videos we watch online are embedded, meaning one website hosts them, but another displays them through an embed code.
Moreover, not all websites allow you to download embedded videos, which can be inconvenient for users who want to save a particular video for offline viewing or editing. With that in mind, downloading this type of content comes with its unique challenges.
Fortunately, here you can learn how to download embedded videos from websites. This article will cover some of the most effective methods. Whether you want to download a video using software, browser extensions, or online tools, we’ll explore all the available options and provide the best solutions. Read on to discover more about it.
In this article
Why Download Embedded Videos
As previously mentioned, the embed code allows websites to include embedded videos on their platform and enable visitors to play them. That code is a piece of HTML code that the video hosting website provides. It makes the video available for playing on other websites without downloading and uploading it.
When users play an embedded video, they stream it from the video hosting website. Still, it appears to be playing directly on the website or webpage where the owner embedded it.
Now that you know how this works, you’re probably wondering why anyone would need to download embedded videos. There are many reasons someone might want to do that, and here we take a closer look at some of the most common.
- Offline viewing: Even though having access to a stable internet connection is a must nowadays, you may still want offline access to a specific video. Downloading embedded videos allows you to watch them offline without an internet connection. You can watch the downloaded videos anytime, whether you have a limited data plan or are on a flight.
- Saving for later: Somehow, we always seem to come across the best content when we’re in a hurry and don’t have the time to watch the entire video. If you find an interesting or informative video, downloading it allows you to save it for later reference. Doing so will save you much time finding the same video later.
- Accessing restricted content: Some websites may prevent access to their embedded videos or only make them available for a limited time. Downloading such a video allows you to keep a copy for yourself. That’s by far the best hack there is if you want to have unlimited access to restricted content.
- Editing purposes: If you are a content creator or video editor, downloading an embedded video may allow you to use parts of it in your work. As a result, you’ll have a high-quality piece of content enriched with outstanding visuals.
- Better playback options: Downloading an embedded video may allow you to play it on a different device or with better playback options than the website provides. You can forget about laggy, low-quality videos if you don’t have access to the most stable internet connection. Quality is a guarantee!
Download Embedded Videos Directly From Websites
One of the most straightforward ways to download embedded videos is to download them directly from the websites that host them. Some websites allow users to download videos by providing a link or button. However, this method isn’t available on all websites. That’s why you first need to check whether you can download the video you want to have on your device.
If yes, you can learn how to download an embedded video directly from a website. The process is quite simple; all you must do is follow the steps below:
- Go to the website and navigate to the video you want to download.
- Right-click the video and select the Save Video As option.
- Choose the destination folder for the embedded video.
- Enjoy the video offline.
Use a Downloader Software to Download Embedded Videos
|Name||Platforms||Supported file format||Download Source||4K Support|
|HitPaw Video Converter||Windows, MacOS||MP4, MOV, MKV, WMV, and other formats.||YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Vimeo, and 10,000+ other websites.||4K/8K|
|iTubeGo||Windows, MacOS, Android||MP3, MP4,MOV, M4A, AAC, OGG, FLAC, and other formats.||YouTube, Spotify, Netflix, Instagram, Facebook, and 10,000+ other websites.||4K/8K|
|By Click Downloader||Windows, MacOS, Ubuntu||MP4, FLV, MKV, 3GP, and other formats.||YouTube, TikTok, Vimeo, Tumblr, Flickr, and 10,000+ other websites.||4K/8K|
Don’t worry if you can’t save the video directly from the website. You can choose from several other options and ensure you have access to your favorite online video content at all times. For example, using downloader software to download embedded videos is an excellent solution.
Many downloader software applications available allow users to download embedded videos from websites. These applications scan the website for embedded video content and then download it to the user’s computer.
Downloading embedded video is different for every application, but they usually come with a step-by-step guide that navigates you through the process.
Use a Browser Extension to Download Embedded Videos
Browser extensions are becoming incredibly popular, mainly because they offer easy access to any actions you’d want to perform in your browser.
Many browser extensions allow users to download embedded videos directly from their web browsers. These extensions detect the video content on a webpage and enable users to download it with a single click.
Regardless of the browser extension you decide to use, the process of downloading an embedded video with it will look something like this:
- Visit the Chrome Web Store and install a browser extension for downloading videos on your device.
- Open the website with the video and start playing the video.
- Navigate to the browser extension and select the option for downloading the video.
- Choose the resolution, destination folder, and any other download-specific options.
- Enjoy your downloaded content offline.
Use the Command-Line Program
This solution isn’t for everybody since it requires more technical knowledge of technology and software tools. However, advanced users can use command-line programs to download embedded videos. These programs allow users to download videos from various sources, including websites that don’t have a download button or link.
The command-line programs come pre-installed with Windows, Mac, and Linux computers. Not only do they allow you to execute commands, but they also help you run programs and navigate through folders on your device.
With a command-line program, the user interacts with the program by typing commands into a terminal or command prompt. The program responds by displaying text output to the same terminal or command prompt. With that in mind, it’s safe to say using command-line programs usually requires some technical expertise.
Download Embedded Videos Using Online Tools
If you’re not tech-savvy and are looking for another simple solution, you might be interested in downloading embedded videos using online tools. Many online tools can help you download embedded videos from websites without installing any software on your computer.
These tools analyze the URL of any video you want to save and provide a download link. Most of these online tools are reliable and entirely safe to use. Nevertheless, we recommend you stay cautious as some might be unreliable or contain malware.
That said, here’s a step-by-step guide to downloading an embedded video using online tools:
- Visit the website of the online tool you want to use.
- Paste the URL of the embedded video you wish to download.
- Choose the format and the destination folder and proceed to initiate URL conversion.
- Click the Download button to download the embedded video to your device.
- Access the video anytime, even when offline.
Gaining offline access to embedded videos means learning how to download embedded videos. You can do that in multiple ways, whether you prefer using video-downloading software solutions, browser extensions, command-line programs, online tools, or you’d like to download a video directly from a particular site.
Regardless of the method used, Wondershare Repairit is a powerful software program for repairing corrupt, damaged, or broken video files, can fix any issue you might encounter while downloading and ensure you receive video content in its original quality.