File corruption or damaged files can occur from a virus attack, abrupt system failure, file system error, faulty sectors on the disk, incorrect human action, etc. Therefore, a file recovery tool may successfully uncorrupt files online from your devices if you discover that any files have been damaged and are unreadable.
Even when you successfully retrieve lost or deleted data using an advanced data recovery tool, you can discover that the files are still damaged and cannot be opened. This occurs because the file recovery is always different from file repair.
Most of the data recovery software work as file recovery tools, and they do not repair file. However, this article will provide specific guidelines to fix damaged files, movies, images, videos and more for the users of Windows and Mac.
In this article
Why Do Files Get Corrupt?
Before repairing the damaged files, you must have an in-depth familiarity of why files corrupt. Your files may be corrupt for a variety of reasons, such as:
- Power Surges: An abrupt increase in power might damage Windows system files. To safeguard your PC, use a surge regulator.
- Abrupt loss of power: If the power to your computer is suddenly disconnected and the battery drains more quickly while it is disconnected, this can also result in damaged files.
- System Crash: Corrupt system data may cause a crash; if the system crashes, your files may also become corrupted.
- Update mistakes: You risk having corrupted data due to flaws while upgrading your system.
- Mismatched Versions: When a file is downloaded or installed in the incorrect version.
- Infected files or viruses: Malware and viruses target system files.
- Hard disk issue: File corruption risks rise if your PC's hard disk becomes clogged with garbage files or bloatware.
It is very feasible to recover corrupt data if you are having trouble using or accessing your files.
How to Repair Corrupted Files After Recovery on Windows 10?
Below are the steps for recovering and fixing damaged files on a Windows 10 system. Find out how to recover and fix damaged Word/Excel documents, JPEG images, and video files.
Method 1. Use the File Repair Tool to Repair Corrupted Files
You may use the Wondershare Repairit tool to fix corrupt files following recovery if you discover that the files are damaged and cannot be accessed. No matter how damaged the files are, Repairit can repair them in only three easy steps.
Step 1: Upload Files
Upload the corrupt file(s) you want to fix.
Step 2: Beginning file repair
To fix the damaged file(s), select the Repair button.
Step 3: Check out and Save
Check the preview of the files before saving them where you want.
Method 2. Run the Open and Repair Option of Office
When you have created a Microsoft Word file but failed to save it straight to the system, the Open and Repair file tool is a great way to retrieve it. By adhering to the directions listed below, you can get the document:
Step 1: Open Word
Open Microsoft Word on your computer and select the "File" tab.
Step 2: Click Open button
Select "Open" from the drop-down menu on the File tab.
Step 3: Open the Corrupt File and Repair
Now is the time to find the damaged file. Press the icon next to the Open button after clicking on the file, then choose the "Open and repair" option.
Repeat the process if the error persists. The "Recover Word from Any File" preference must be chosen from the pop-up menu this time.
How to Repair Corrupted Files After Recovery on Mac?
Step 1: Open the software
Open Repairit for Mac and choose "File Repair".
Step 2: Add files
Import your corrupted files into this program.
Step 3: Click "Repair" to fix your files
Just click "Repair" button to launch the repairing process, and wait for several seconds.
Now you can preview and save your repaired files.
Repair Corrupted Files Using Online Tool (Windows&Mac&Mobile Devices)
You can find that the files keep getting corrupted and cannot be accessed even after successfully recovering them. You may recover damaged or deleted data with a specialized data recovery software. The file recovery is never the same as file repair. Most data recovery tools do not fix files; instead, they function as file recovery tools.
To find a solution to this, you can use a corrupted files repair tool online, which is Repairit Online File Repair. Find the best file repair program online, load your faulty source files, fix it, and export it to where you want it.
Often corrupted or damaged files of data that have just been retrieved prevent them from functioning correctly. In most situations, when you attempt to restore lost MS Office data, they get damaged somehow. You must avoid losing these files since they often have essential data that you cannot afford to lose.
In conclusion, this article reviewed the causes of your recovered files being inaccessible and provided necessary fixes to uncorrupt files online. Different file repair software is also available, and their purpose is to fix restored files and restore them to their prior states of operation.
1. Can I fix corrupted recovered files on my computer?A corrupted hard disk or USB flash drive may be fixed by formatting them with the latest file system. Practical hard disk failure often occurs due to a faulty file system. To correct this, the partition could be formatted.
2. Why are files corrupted after recovery?After recovery, the files are corrupted or damaged due to malware or virus infestation. The files can be replaced with fresh data. There can also be issues with the storage device, including faulty sectors and physical damage.
3. Does formatting a drive fix corruption?Yes, formatting a corrupted hard disk with an updated file system can cure it. A corrupted or damaged file system is a common reason for logical hard disk corruption. The drive can be formatted to fix this.