Being an Outlook user, you may have experienced problems with Outlook's sluggish performance, freezing, and unforeseen crashes. There may be several causes for these issues, but the most frequent one is a huge PST file that may further become corrupt due to an abrupt system shutdown.
However, .edb is a required resource for a database that acts as the primary storage for data in Exchange. If your Exchange mailbox was corrupted or deleted, we have curated this article for you. It is because you will learn about the best tools to recover or repair EDB files. So, let's get started and learn about the exchange inbox repair tools.
In the age of technology, nothing is secure. Thus, we must keep everything safe. The Exchange database can become corrupt for various causes, resulting in the loss of crucial data. As it keeps all the data, its corruption could cause a significant loss for the corporation.
Here are a few causes of corrupt EDB files:
REASON 1: Virus Attack
It is the most frequent cause of EDB files becoming damaged or corrupt. Besides, it can also cause a situation where the files become unavailable. A catastrophic problem like hardware failure could result from the virus, and you might lose essential data.
REASON 2: Large Data
When you have data that may surpass the storage or registry's capacity, EDB corruption occurs. You should have enough space on your device because an EDB file demands a lot of storage space.
REASON 3: Device Startup Issue
Many times, a BIOS or OS issue prevents the device from booting. A boot failure is also another reason that can also be caused by a hardware or software fault. Hence, it will lead to the corruption of the EDF file.
REASON 4: Issue With Hardware
Systems always have problems or malfunctions when the hardware is of poor quality. All of the information is kept in the hardware. Therefore, failure of the hardware could result from various factors.
Like overheating or insufficient ventilation, virus attack, bad sectors in the hard drive, failure of a motherboard, etc. Besides, it would cause you to lose important data.
REASON 5: Software Crash
The EDB file can occasionally become corrupted by any software failure. It occurs when a third-party application you installed on your computer is malfunctioning. Additionally, it might be the cause of any operating system problems.
REASON 6: Exchange Server Crash
Due to a hardware/software issue or any other issue, the Exchange Server keeps crashing and shutting down unexpectedly. To repair EDB files you might need the help of a professional recovery tool.
REASON 7: Inappropriate Shutdown
Furthermore, if you try to access the data stored in an EDB file, you'll encounter many issues. One of the common reasons is an improper shutdown. You can also call it an unexpected shutdown of Exchange.
REASON 8: Power Outage
Another reason is the sudden power failure. You can have an unexpected power outage when working on the Exchange Server. It could cause the system to malfunction and make the EDB file inaccessible. So, you need to repair EDF files.
Stellar Exchange Recovery
Exchange EDB files can be recovered from offline and dismounted states with Stellar Repair for Exchange. MVPs and admins from around the world recommend using this cutting-edge program to retrieve every mailbox item precisely. The program is compatible with Exchange Server versions 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, and 5.5.
License: Single/Multiple Users
Editions: Corporate, Technician, and Toolkit
Language Supported: English, Deutsch, Francais, Italiano, Espanol
Release Date: June 2022
Price: Corporate= $399 | Technician= $599 | Toolkit= $999
Processor: Intel compatible (x86, x64)
Memory: 4 GB minimum (8 GB recommended)
Hard Disk: 250 MB of free space
Operating System: Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Window Server 2016, 2012, 2008
Some significant features of the Stellar Exchange Recovery tool are below:
- Exchange Mailbox Recovery software employs powerful scanning algorithms to recover mailbox items from faulty or unmounted EDB files.
- Stellar Exchange repair allows parallel saving for multiple mailboxes. During database repair, the Exchange EDB recovery tool can handle up to 4 mailboxes concurrently.
- The scanning results can be easily saved for future recovery using Stellar Exchange server recovery software.
- The "Apply Filter" option in the Exchange repair software allows users to automatically include or omit specific email items from the repaired mailboxes.
- The Stellar Repair for Exchange program intelligently divides large mailboxes with several hundred thousand mail items.
You can repair EDB files and save many without putting your data at risk.
Complete EDB file is exported and supported by Office 365 and real Exchange.
Utilizing parallel processing to recover a mailbox four times faster.
It doesn't require an Exchange server for the recovery of the data.
One drawback of the Stellar Exchange Recovery tool is its cost. It is costly and might not fit into every user's budget.
How It Is Better:
Undoubtedly, it would be best to use the recovery software that minimizes downtime, is simple to use, has filtering options, and requires less administrative and resource labor. Moreover, reliable software has a quick recovery procedure, guarantees guaranteed results, and offers extra advantages.
Stellar Exchange Recovery has all these qualities and can save your crucial data effortlessly. In addition, it will simplify the job of an Exchange administrator and quickly get the services up and running.
BitRecover Exchange Repair
For detecting and recovering data from corrupted Exchange EDB files, a robust software is BitRecover Exchange Repair. Severely corrupted data from Exchange Server 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and 2003 can be recovered using advanced techniques.
What's more, the program is equipped to handle mailbox recovery from massive Exchange servers. First, let's learn more about the BitRecover software.
Size: 37.3 MB
Price: Personal License= $39 | Technical License= $69
Processor: Intel CoreTM 2 Duo CPU E4600 @ 2.40GHz 2.39GHz
RAM: Minimum of 4 GB is required
Hard Disk Space: 100 MB
Here are some characteristics of the BitRecover Exchange Repair:
- Recovering emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, journals, etc., in bulk, is doable without experiencing data loss. In the preview panel, the deleted items are displayed in red.
- BitRecover Exchange EDB Recovery Tool offers two modes for scanning. Less corrupted files can be recovered using the Quick Scan method. You can repair EDB files that are highly corrupted and can be recovered using the Advance Scan mode.
- The software has filters for exporting emails from a mailbox, only those you want. Users of the Category-based Filter can backup emails from a variety of categories.
- BitRecover Exchange software can decrypt the encrypted files during the scanning and recovery of these files, and then it can retrieve every item from the mailbox.
Offers the facility of recovering deleted EDB items from huge mailboxes.
Successfully scanned various items, including contacts, emails, journals, calendars, etc.
Allows the users to recover the dismounted or offline Exchange EDB files efficiently.
There are various exporting formats like EML, HTML, PDF, PST, MBOX, etc.
A limitation of the BitRecover Exchange repair tool is that it offers users only paid versions.
How It Is Better:
The top qualities of the software are easy scannability, proper analysis, and recovery of the Exchange EDB mailbox items. Besides, it will help you in keeping your files healthy.
Its ability to recover public and private data makes it one of the best-fit software. However, the users can save and repair EDB files in Live Exchange Server, Outlook, or Microsoft 365 using BitRecover Exchange repair.
SysTools Exchange Repair
SysTools Exchange Repair is a highly robust EDB recovery tool to precisely fix and restore corrupt Exchange Mailbox objects after scanning corrupt Exchange EDB files. It is a sophisticated professional software called Exchange Database Recovery, compatible with Exchange Server 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and 2003.
It is one of the safest tools to recover corrupted EDB files. Moreover, by using it you will know how to repair EDB files quickly.
Size: 37.3 MB
Price: Corporate License= $299 | Technician License= $499 | Corporate License= $1500
Processor: Intel CoreTM 2 Duo CPU E4600 @ 2.40GHz 2.39GHz
RAM: 4 GB is recommended
Hard Disk Space: 100 MB is required
Below are some vital features of the Systools Exchange Repair tool:
- Users can choose EDB files from any storage group and restore all Exchange mailbox data contained inside. It assists you in recovering all Exchange data items, emails, contacts, calendars, and tasks.
- The user can export data from EDB mailboxes to the Live Exchange server using the Auto-generate CSV option.
- Exchange mailbox files can be recovered using the Quick and Advanced scan modes in Systools Exchange repair software. Quick mode for slight corruption and Advance scanning mode for severely damaged Exchange mailboxes.
- Even if Exchange Server is offline or inactive, data recovery from EDB files is possible with the Systools Exchange Repair tool. You will get the simplest answer of how to repair EDB files with this tool.
SysTools Exchange repair executes detailed Exchange Server Recovery while preserving data integrity.
To quickly restore recovery, the tool saves a scanned copy of the corrupt EDB file and reloads it later.
It has advanced features like filtering based on date and time, choices for file naming, etc.
It keeps and maintains the Exchange User Mailbox folder and file hierarchies up to date.
Exchange Mailbox data can be saved as MBOX, PDF, EML, MSG, PST, HTML, Exchange Server, or Office 365.
It has configured support to EXIF information.
The first downside is that it is costly and unsuitable for every user's budget.
Secondly, the software is only available for the Windows operating system.
How It Is Better:
You will observe that the recovery tool has improved the ability to manage internal system resources. Performance and productivity will increase as a result.
Additionally, since SysTools Exchange Recovery can compile all of your data into a single folder, you will be able to manage it better. After you recover lost data, you won't need to worry about completing any additional effort, speaking of folders. Public or private folders can be recovered with SysTools Exchange Recovery in the same condition as before. So, try using this incredible tool and save your crucial data in corrupted EDB files.
Recoveryfix For Exchange Server
The Exchange recovery tool Recoveryfix for Exchange Server aids in the recovery and retrieval of data from corrupt or damaged Exchange database files. Moreover, it is a commonly used Exchange recovery tool for retrieving inaccessible EDB files. You will see how to repair EDB files faster with Recoveryfix.
At the same time, this program may convert EDB files to PST files of any size. It is also used to back up Exchange database mailboxes and move the Exchange server.
MS Exchange Server: 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2000, 5.5, and 5.0
MS Outlook: Office 365, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2000, 98, and 97
Windows OS: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, 2008, XP, 2002, and 2000
Processor: Pentium Class Processor
RAM: 64 MB (128 recommended)
Hard Disk Space: 10 MB of Software Installation
(Enough space is required for saving the recovered files)
Following are some standard features of the Recoveryfix for Exchange server software:
- It carries out a smooth recovery from badly damaged EDB files and retrieves every mailbox's contents in the best form. The mailbox folders are recovered by Exchange Server Recovery in perfect tree-like order, just as they were saved in the original Exchange.
- Using the Exchange Recovery Manager software, you may quickly migrate mailbox contents to Office 365, an Outlook profile, or Live Exchange. Once the destination has been chosen, the migration can be completed by giving credentials.
- The Exchange Server Recovery program uses the source mailbox folders to export individual mailbox items to PST, EML, or MSG formats.
It recovers all mailbox information from Exchange database files, including emails, contacts, etc.
Before recovery, it shows a preview of the data in the mended EDB file.
It maintains the database's characteristics and data integrity.
All the deleted mailboxes are included in the complete mailbox recovery.
Repaired Exchange database file is saved in the PST, EML, and MSG file types.
It supports all Microsoft Outlook and Exchange server versions.
After database restoration, only a few output formats are supported.
For saving the corrected Exchange EDB mailboxes, activation is necessary.
How It Is Better:
For individuals who want to export Exchange EDB mailboxes to PST files, Recoveryfix for Exchange Server is a helpful solution. Users have the option to export one or many mailboxes at once. Additionally, the utility makes individual Outlook PST files for every mailbox. This application also has some other helpful capabilities, including migration of public folders, Office 365, and Exchange mailboxes.
Kernel For Exchange Server Recovery
The experts advise using the Exchange database recovery solution like Kernel For Exchange Server Recovery for Exchange Server. It extracts mailboxes from disconnected or offline EDB files as well as backup Exchange files. It saves them to different locations like Office 365, Outlook PST, or Exchange. Using the Exchange EDB Recovery program, you can recover deleted items. Besides, you will quickly repair EDB files that are highly corrupted.
Release: July 2022
License: Corporate & Technician
Processor: Intel Pentium Processor compatible (x86, x64) or equivalent
RAM: 2 GB minimum
Hard Disk Space: 150 MB of disk space
Operating System: Windows 365, 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2000, 98, NT, 95 Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008, 2003 R2, 2003
Below are some essential features of the Kernel for Exchange Server Recovery:
- Utilizing this tool, you may quickly export offline EDB mailboxes to PST. You don't need Microsoft Outlook installed on your computer for this.
- Transferring from one Office 365 mailbox to another is simple and hassle-free with this method.
- The Exchange backup extractor is a function of the Kernel for Exchange Server Recovery Tool, which enables users to recover data from Exchange BKF (backups) files directly.
- The tool creates reports to examine the flow of mailbox data based on the senders, recipients, attachments, dates, and messages.
- It enables whole access rights delegation to Office 365 user mailboxes. It can be done via the tool's user interface.
Exchange Server Recovery's kernel is renowned for remaining stable even when a large amount of EDB data is available and urgent revival is required.
The integrity of the data is upheld during the entire process to repair EDB files and convert them to PST files.
Nearly all versions of Microsoft Exchange Servers, Microsoft Outlook, Windows OS, and Windows Servers are entirely supported by the kernel for Exchange Server Recovery.
With the help of Kernel for Exchange server recovery, items from various mailboxes can be searched at once.
Kernel for Exchange Server Recovery is a great tool and offers a trial version. But it has a limitation in storing items only up to 25 per PST folder.
How It Is Better:
There are various reasons that the Kernel for Exchange Server Recovery tool is better than other alternatives in the market. It not only fixes the problem but also restores the erased data effectively. One of the best parts about this tool is that it eliminates corruption, and the users only need to run this tool once.
Moreover, Kernel for Exchange Server Recovery is famous for thoroughly recovering data by scanning the entire database. Therefore, you can choose this tool for your requirements to repair EDB files that are corrupted.
In the end, you can choose the right Exchange Inbox Repair tool with the help of the above information. Numerous tools are available online, so you might need help picking the right software. Therefore, we picked the top list for you. Now, you can get rid of unwanted EDB file corruption effectively.