While MS Exchange is one of the most popular mailing services out there, it can encounter unwanted issues. For instance, a lot of users encounter problems with their Exchange Database (EDB) files that can compromise the entire mailing system. Don’t worry – with the help of a reliable Exchange Inbox repair tool, you can easily fix a corrupt EDB file. Here, I will make you familiar with some of the best Exchange repair tools that you can use to overcome this problem.
In nutshell, EDB (Exchange Database) files store all the vital server-related data for your Exchange mailbox, including emails, contacts, journals, tasks, and more.
The format followed by EDB files is of a B-tree, having a parent node and numerous child nodes that are all stored in .edb format (public or private).
The Exchange Database files mostly have a storage limit of 16 TB, but they can be altered by the admins. Although, the internal structure of EDB is not recommended to store files of heavy storage. It follows a traditional database pointer that has a 4-kb recursion style.
Since EDB files can store all kinds of data for your mailbox (like emails, contacts, etc.), losing them can be a nightmare. If you don’t have a backup, then using an Exchange database repair tool is a must.
Though, even if you have a backup, it will take a lot of time to configure the mailbox again. That’s why it is recommended to keep an Exchange inbox repair tool handy so that you can instantly repair Exchange database files. Some of the common reasons for getting EDB files corrupt are:
- Server-related issues
- Power outage
- Virus attack
- Log files removed
- Accidental deletion
- Exchange server crashed
- Application or plugin-related issues
- Duplicate key errors
- Other issues related to your system or firmware
While there are plenty of Exchange repair tools out there, I would recommend exploring the following options to get better results:
1. Stellar Exchange Recovery
If you are looking for a user-friendly Exchange database repair application, then consider trying Stellar Exchange Recovery. The application can repair all kinds of data that is stored in your EDB file. It supports two dedicated repairing modes and allows the repairing of multiple EDB files at the same time.
- The Exchange repairing tool by Stellar supports the recovery of up to 4 mailboxes simultaneously.
- The application can repair an Exchange EDB file and help you recover all kinds of data such as emails, tasks, notes, contacts, attachments, journals, and more.
- Once the repairing process has been completed, you can get a preview of the EDB file and export your data in formats like EDB, PST, EML, RTF, HTML, and so on.
- There is an Advanced Filter option in the application that would let you filter the results in your EDB files and automatically removes spamming mails.
- Some other features of Stellar Exchange Recovery are selective mailbox repair, recovery of corrupt public folders, dial-tone recovery, Microsoft eDiscovery, and so much more.
- It offers some of the most extensive Exchange repairing features.
- Stellar Exchange Recovery has one of the highest success rates and is super-easy to use.
- Only a free trial version of Stellar Exchange Recovery is available.
2.BitRecover Exchange Repair
If you are a Windows user, then you can also try the Exchange database repair application from BitRecover. The application can repair multiple Exchange database files and also supports the repairing of private or public mailboxes. You can preview the results and export your repaired EDB files to any location of your choice.
- BitRecover Exchange Repair supports the repairing of separate mailbox files while maintaining their integrity.
- It can repair all kinds of corrupted data from an EDB file like emails, attachments, contacts, and more.
- It can also recover deleted data from an EDB file and would retain the overall hierarchy of the folders.
- The BitRecover application supports two repairing modes (Quick and Advanced) and can also repair dismounted or offline EDB files.
- The overall interface of the BitRecover application is friendly to beginners.
- Supports the recovery of EDB files in numerous scenarios.
- Only work on Windows systems
- Can be a bit expensive (costs $299)
3. SysTools Exchange Repair
Lastly, the Exchange mailbox repair tool by SysTools is another popular option that you can explore. It is known to yield exceptional results in scenarios like a dirty shutdown, PowerShell failures, mounting errors, corrupt databases, and so on.
- The Exchange database repair tool from SysTools can repair multiple EDB files while maintaining their structure and hierarchy.
- It supports the repairing of both Public and Private mailbox files and can also remove encryption schemes (like OpenPGP and SMIME).
- Some of its advanced features include time-based filtering, dual recovery modes, and recovery from inactive Exchange databases as well.
- Once the Exchange repair tool has processed the database, you can preview the results, and export them in formats like PST, EML, PDF, MSG, etc.
- After repairing your files, you can also upload them to Office365 Cloud.
- A preview of recovered items with their attribution is supported.
- The success rate is not as high as other Exchange repair tools.
- It can be a bit complicated for beginners with no technical background.
As you can see, there can be so many ways to repair an Exchange EDB file with the right tools. While there are plenty of options out there, I have handpicked the 3 best Exchange repair tools that you can consider trying. Out of them, Stellar Exchange Recovery would be an ideal choice as it is equipped with tons of add-on features and is extremely easy to use. You can load multiple EDB files to repair and follow a simple click-through process to preview and export your Exchange files.