MS Word requires no introduction. It is the most popular word processors available on the market. Utilized by domestic as well as office users, it is one software application that does not require much expertise to use. You can create reports and assignments using MS Word and store them on your PC. Word files are known for their reliability and do not issue unnecessary error messages. Most of the time it is human error that is responsible for issues with word files. Word files utilized the .doc format in the years prior to the release of the MS Word 2003. The format currently in use is the .docx.
'File could not be found' is an error message that is sometimes issued by MS Word upon the opening of a word file. It indicates that the file you are trying to open or access does not exist or can't be found on the system.
What Reasons Cause This Error to Occur
The 'this file could not be found' error message is issued by MS Word usually when it cannot find a particular file you want to open. The reason that would prompt the software to generate this error might be the corruption of the word file. The following reasons can lead to a word file getting corrupted.
- Macro viruses and malicious software like spyware and malware.
- Formation of bad sectors on the hard disk due to lack of regular formatting.
- Sudden shutdown of the system because of an unexpected power failure.
- Improper ejection of the external hard disk from PC during file transfer.
In addition, MS Word File Encoding Error is also a common issue. Read on and know how to Repair MS Word File Encoding Error.
Part 1: Repair Word Error This File Could Not Be Found
If you are seeing the word error 'this file could not be found' then surely it should be a matter of concern for you. It is necessary that such errors are fixed as quickly as possible to ensure that no data is lost permanently. Word file repair tools can be used for this purpose. They can help to repair word error this file could not be found. However, it is crucial to remember that the tool you use for word file repair should be an authentic one. Using a tool that isn't reliable would make it impossible for you to repair word error this file could not be found and make things even worse. Stellar Phoenix Word Repair is an ideal tool for fixing these types of word errors.
- Word Repair Tool can safely repair corrupted Word files while preserving the original style and formatting of the document.
- It has a search function that helps you quickly locate your files even if you don't know their exact location.
- After you have selected and eventually scanned a document, you can preview it in three different modes.
- Word Repair is a Word document repair tool designed to fix almost all the word documents corruption errors.
- You can choose between three different recovery modes: "Simple Repair", "Advanced Repair" and "Raw Recovery". One of these recovery methods will surely help you repair corrupted Word files.
- Repairs corrupt MS Word file created in MS Word 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, and 2000
- Supports Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, 2003, XP, 2000, and NT
Here is a guide with simple steps that will teach you how to repair word error this file could not be found with Stellar Phoenix Word Repair.
Step 1 Click 'Select File', 'Search Files' or 'Select Folder' buttons to search for the corrupted word file.
Step 2 The list of searched Word files display in the result section and choose Word files to select the 'Scan' button.
Step 3 To preview the corrupted word file double-click on the file which can be found on the family tree present on the left of the screen.
Step 4 Click 'Select New Folder' or 'Default Location' options and then hit the 'OK' button to save the corrupted word file.
Word file corruption can lead to the generation of all sorts of word error messages. If you want to avoid this then the following tips might be of great use to you.
- Get yourself a good anti-virus suite. It is essential that you keep on updating it so that it can provide adequate protection to your PC from macro viruses.
- Buy a UPS to ensure that accidental system shutdown no longer remains an issue for you.
- Format your hard disk once every few weeks to ensure that bad sectors don't form on it.