Digital media has become a significant form of communication in recent years. However charming it may be, the content that is to be communicated is deeply affected by the source quality. If your images are of low quality, there is a high chance that the images portrayed will not be as effective.
Therefore, it is essential to learn how to maintain the quality of your images. Here, we have made the task simpler for you. Continue reading to learn all about image resolution and its affecting elements etc. Also, learn to fix low resolution photos using easy techniques. Let's begin!
There are relatively simple and easy ways by which you can fix the resolution on the photo. Here are three effective methods which can help you achieve the task.
Method 1: Use Photoshop
Photoshop by Adobe is one of the esteemed tools by which you can fix several aspects related to your image. It can certainly help you to increase your image resolution. To know how to fix low resolution pictures, follow the steps given below.
1. Launch Photoshop and click on the "File" button.
2. Open the file that you wish to edit.
3. Go to the "Image" tab and choose the option "Select Image Size."
4. In the emerging box, choose a suitable value of the "Width" and "Height" of the image.
5. Lastly, click on "OK" and save your file to the device.
Method 2: Fix Low Resolution Photos by Using Wondershare Repairit
Another method to effectively increase your image resolution is to use the Wondershare Repairit. This tool is a wondrous choice for fixing the various aspects of your image, such as images suffering a loss of resolution due to damage.
That's right! With Wondershare Repairit - Photo Repair, you can undo all the damage done to your photo just with the help of a single click. The following are its main features you may want to know:
Repair damaged photos with all levels of corruption, such as low solution photos, grainy photos, dark photos, pixelated photos, photo format unsupported, etc.
Repair images of diverse formats, such as JPG, JPEG, PNG, CR3, CR2, NEF, NRW, etc.
The "AI Image Upscaler" feature can enlarge the repaired photos to 2X, 4X, and 8X.
Intelligently restore old/scratched photos and colorize black and white photos with various AI effects.
Two repairing modes: Repairit offers two repairing modes (Quick and Advanced) to repair your photos in numerous scenarios.
Batch processing: You can load multiple photos on Repairit and can fix them at the same time.
Repair critically damaged or corrupted photos available on SD cards, phones, cameras, USB flash drives, and more.
Compatible with Windows PC, Mac OS, and supports PC to mobile transferring/sharing.
Proceed as mentioned below to fix low resolution photos using Wondershare Repairit.
Step 1: Addition of Files
The first step after launching the program on your device is to add the image which lost resolution due to damage. You can do so by clicking on the "Add Files" button that shall be visible on the screen. Browse to the storage location, or simply drag and drop to the interface.
Step 2: Repairing Files
Once you have selected the files to be repaired, the program shall view them. Click on the "Repair" button to begin the repair process. Repairit will fix your photos in no time.
Step 3: Saving to Device
When the process has concluded, the program shall preview the repaired files. You can check them to see if they meet the mark, and then click on "Save" to save them to your device.
Before saving the repaired photos on your computer or Mac, please use the "AI Image Upscaler" funtion to enlarge the repaired photos and improve the clarity of the photos.
If you want to repair photo online and your corrupted photo is no more than 300MB, you can try the online version of Repairit Photo Repair to get your photo repaired online with ease.
Method 3: Try Wondershare Fotophire
Wondershare Fotophire is an image enlarger that allows users to enlarge the image without having to compromise on the quality. Here is how you can fix photo resolution using the tool.
1. Download and install Fotophire Maximizer on your device.
2. Launch the app and select the "Photo Maximizer" feature.
3. Now, click on the "Open" button to import the image.
4. Browse to the location of the image file and click on "OK."
5. On the right side of the screen, expand the "Maximizer" option.
6. Slide the cursor to increase image resolution until the desired point is reached.
7. In the end, save the photo to your device.
To define in simple terms, image resolution is a measure of the detail that an image contains. In digital imaging, the resolution of an image commonly refers to the number of pixels present on a unit area of the screen. It is described and measured in PPI or pixels per inch, an indication of the number of pixels occupying per inch of the screen.
The image resolution is written in terms of height x width. These days, devices are supporting up to 50 megapixels of images. A higher pixel count signifies a higher resolution, which in turn signifies a higher quality of the picture. When images are intended for printing or scanning purposes, a higher resolution is required and advised as screen resolutions are different than printing.
Bonus: Are you ready for photo shooting, editing, managing or sharing? Do you have a question about what makes your photo corrupted or low resolution? If the answer is yes, let's check your intimate guard to photos with any corruption scenarios - Photo Corrupted? Let's Rescue Them Right Now!
Image quality can deeply affect the entire subjective appearance of a photo. Therefore, it is necessary to improve your picture quality for it to be impactful. There are various potential reasons which may cause low resolution images. A few of them are listed below.
- Image Enlargement: A common cause for images to be of low quality is when it is enlarged without proper tools. Increasing the size of the image can often result in the photo losing its quality and resolution to drop significantly. It is therefore advised to resize your image with the aid of an appropriate tool to not compromise on the quality of the picture.
- Unstable Camera Shots: Shaky camera work is all that is needed for low resolution photos. If the device is unsteady, the images that come out are bound to be blurry, out of focus, and pixelated. All of these can drastically reduce the overall quality or resolution of an image.
- Blurry Images: In instances when the subject is not properly focused, images can come out to be imminently blurry and low in quality. Unfocused and indistinctive photos come off as a great turn-off to the viewer's eye.
- Poor Camera Settings: Lack of proper and advisable camera settings can greatly affect the quality of an image produced. Details such as ISO, aperture, and exposure can play a key role in making or breaking your image resolution.
- File Damage: Severe damage or corruption to the file can also result in the image appearing to be pixelated or grainy. In often cases, file formats that are corrupted or otherwise highly damaged seem to be significantly low in resolution.
Part 4: Tips to Avoid Low Resolution Photos
Maintaining the resolution of an image is a key part of scoring success. Whether it is for digital or printing needs, high-resolution photos have been seen to thrive notably. Below are a few tips to ensure the premium quality resolution of an image. Follow these to avoid the low resolution problem actively.
1. Avoid unnecessary resizing of the picture.
2. Try and capture pictures in RAW formats rather than in JPEG.
3. Maintain a low ISO rating to ensure high quality.
4. Use a tripod or monopod to stabilize your device.
5. Edit the image after capturing to correct various aspects such as shadows or brightness.
Low-resolution images can prove to be a real turn-off. It is necessary to retain the quality of your photos if you wish for them to make an impact on the viewer.
With the help of the above-mentioned tips and techniques, you are now hopefully able to learn how to fix low resolution photos, making your images clear, sharp, and distinctive. Work through these to significantly improve your image resolution.