Outlook is a program that is used by millions of people all over the world. It is only normal for errors to occur from time to time. When they surprise users, there are a few simple things that can be done. However, when those methods fail there is a more powerful tool that can Fix Corrupt Outlook PST file due to size limitations.
To better understand why this error occurs we must explain a bit of how Outlook works. Depending on the Outlook version you are working with, Outlook is made of two formats: Unicode and ANSI. These formats have pre definite size limits for example Unicode has 50GB and ANSI PST files have 2GB, these sizes are for Outlook 2010. If you are working with Outlook 2007 where the limit size of a PST file is 20GB you went over the maximum limit and this is when the error for size limitations occurs.
The errors that a user can receive are either "Cannot Move the Items. The Folder is full" or "PST file reached maximum size". If you are aware of this error you can avoid any issues by temporarily increasing de size of the PST file or upgrade to a newer version of Outlook. However, if any PST files get corrupted the only way back to normal is to use a professional tool. If any actions are not taken immediately to solve these errors, it can result in data loss. Repairing a corrupted PST file might seem difficult but in reality, it isn't.
To fix Corrupt Outlook PST file due to size limitations you can first try these two methods:
1. Make the PST file size larger: This can be done by opening the registry and making a small modification. This issue will usually occur when using Outlook 2007. The registry path for Outlook 2007 is:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\PST. The values that you must change are MaxLargeFileSize and WarnLargeFileSize. When doing this you must be very careful not to make any incorrect changes as it can lead to severe damage to the registry.
2. Upgrade your Outlook version: If you are working with Outlook 2007 you have a PST file size limit of 20GB. It is recommended to upgrade the Outlook version to 2010 or higher. You can benefit from a PST file size limit of 50GB and more powerful tools.
If you are in luck these two methods from above will work and the issue is avoided. However, if you still receive the same error you will have to take further actions if you wish to Fix Corrupt Outlook PST file due to size limitations.
If you are dealing with a corrupt PST file and nothing else works, you will have to take more serious actions by using powerful tools to clear out that error. The Stellar Phoenix team has developed an Outlook PST Repair Tool that can fix the Corrupt Outlook PST file due to size limitations.
- Recovers all mailbox components within the files such as emails, attachments, contacts, calendar items, journals, notes, etc.
- Recovers Accidentally Deleted Emails that were purged by mistake or lost due to unplanned system formatting;
- Allows saving recovered mails in EML, MSG, RTF, HTML, and PDF formats;
- Supports repair of encrypted & password protected PST files;
- Enables you to arrange scanned emails using various criteria such as 'Date', 'From', 'To', 'Subject', 'Type', 'Attachment', and 'Importance';
- Repairs corrupt Outlook file created in MS Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002 (XP), & 2000 and MS Office 2016, 2013, 2010 (64-bit version), 2007 & 2003;Supports Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista.
Thanks to Stellar Phoenix, repair the corrupt PST file has never been easier. In just a couple of steps, you can fix Corrupt Outlook PST file due to size limitations.
Step 1 Scan and search corrupt Outlook PST files from local drive.
Step 2 All corrupt PST files list in the result section, select all to start the repairing process.
Step 3 Preview the repaired Outlook PST files after successfully repaired.
Step 4 To save the repaired Outlook PST files to your preferred location.
Outlook errors can ruin someone's work for the whole day at least and trying to avoid them is sometimes impossible. We have to repair these Outlook errors in the PST file. Some simple methods can be performed to recover important data. However, on many occasions these methods fail, luckily there is Stellar Phoenix Outlook Repair Tool.