PST files are the most common files in Outlook as you can move your items or messages into such files. You must move your items to a PST file to free up some space in your mailbox. You can even configure Outlook in such a manner that it delivers all new items to a PST file by itself. One major advantage of using PST files is that since they are stored on your computer, they are not subjected to the issue of mailbox size limits. Thus, PST files are the safest option when you want to keep certain items safe.
To find the location of PST files storage, follow the given steps-
- Click the File tab in Outlook 2010.
- Go to Account Settings.
- Select the Data Files tab and click on any entry.
- Now click on Open File Location.
If you are using Outlook 2010, PST files are generally stored in the Documents\Outlook Files folder.
Any frequent Outlook user will be familiar with the following messages that often get displayed when you are trying to access a particular folder
- Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
- Unable to display the folder.
- The file ___.PST could not be accessed.
- The file ___.PST is not a personal files folder.
All these errors are a clear indication that your PST files have been corrupted, which in turn means that you will not be able to access your emails, contacts, calendar, attachments, notes, etc.
Any hardware or software issue can lead to the corruption of PST files. The most common reasons for PST file corruption are power failures, corrupted media, corrupted file header, damaged hard disk, broken storage files, limitation error, and also virus attacks. All these factors can lead to the corruption of PST files. If you somehow still end up with the issue of corrupted.PST files, you may need to get your hands on the best PST repair software.
In case you are unable to access important emails in your Outlook account or if you feel like your.PST files have been corrupted, then you need to repair the PST file in Outlook. To do so, you need good PST file repair software. Stellar Phoenix Outlook Repair Software is one such software that will get your work done in a hassle-free manner. With the help of this software, you will be able to repair all corrupt or damaged Outlook.PST files and also recover all items into your email at the same time. It is a very helpful tool that can be used to recover everything from emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, etc.
- Recovers all mailbox components within the files such as emails, attachments, contacts, calendar items, journals, notes, etc.
- Recovers Accidentally Deleted Emails that were purged by mistake or lost due to unplanned system formatting
- Allows saving recovered mails in EML, MSG, RTF, HTML, and PDF formats
- Supports repair of encrypted & password protected PST files
- Enables you to arrange scanned emails using various criteria such as 'Date', ‘From’, 'To’, 'Subject', 'Type', 'Attachment', and 'Importance'
- Repairs corrupt Outlook file created in MS Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002 (XP), & 2000 and MS Office 2016, 2013, 2010 (64-bit version), 2007 & 2003;Supports Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista.
Download the installer and install Stellar Phoenix Outlook Repair Software into your computer. Once you have done this, you can follow these steps to repair the PST file in Outlook.
Step 1 Launch Outlook PST file tool and select the corrupt Outlook mailbox by clicking ‘Select Outlook File’.
Step 2 Searching corrupt PST files from specific local drive, and all corrupt PST files will display in the result section.
Step 3 Select all corrupt PST files to scan by clicking the "Scan Now" button and all related PST files repaired successfully, you can choose one for previewing and save.
Step 4 The Repaired Outlook PST files can be saved in different file formats.
To avoid ending up in a situation where you cannot even access emails from your biggest clients or cannot even find out the next scheduled meeting saved in your calendar, you need to follow certain steps like-
- Always close the Outlook window when you are done using it.
- Save all PST files at a safe and secure location other than the server.
- Bulk emails can lead to the corruption of storage files so try to avoid handling a lot of emails at a time.
- Use the best anti-virus to keep all PST files secured.
- Lastly, make sure that you are taking regular backups of all PST files.