“How to open and repair a Word 2013 file that I can’t load the usual way? I can’t seem to access the Microsoft Word 2013 Open and Repair feature!”
These days, I have read a lot of queries from Word 2013 users who can’t seem to open and repair their documents. You might not know this, but MS Office offers an inbuilt Detect and Repair feature in Word 2013. Therefore, in this post, I will let you know how to open and repair a Word 2013 file and would also make you familiar with a reliable Microsoft Word 2013 repair tool.
If you have been using MS Word 2013 on your system, then you can also encounter the following common issues:
- MS Word 2013 not being able to load or open the document.
- There is an issue while accessing the file due to its missing or corrupt components.
- The file has been opened in Word 2013, but the content is not visible.
- At times, even after loading the Word 2013 document, the data could be in an encrypted format.
- Word 2013 crashes or freezes after loading any DOC/DOCX file.
- There could be issues with the Normal.dotm, which is the template file in Word.
- Errors related to WINWORD.exe if the document is not compatible or Word not being installed properly.
- Word displays error messages like “There is a problem while sending the command to a program.”
- MS Word 2013 not being able to load a template or third-party add-on.
Before we learn how to open and repair a Word 2013 file, it is important to know the key causes of these issues. In this way, you can easily identify their causes and fix them easily.
- Most of the application-related issues happen if the MS Office suite or MS Word 2013 has not been installed properly.
- The location or partition where Word 2013 has been installed could be corrupted.
- The Word 2013 document that you are trying to open could be damaged as well.
- Similar issues can happen if you have restarted the PC or turned it off while the Word file was still opened.
- Problems can also arise if you have manually changed the format of the Word document or converted it from one format to another.
- At times, any third-party program or Word plug-in can also cause unwanted issues.
- Chances are that MS Word or your system could not have started properly.
- The Word 2013 document you are trying to open could be encrypted in a different scheme or can be password-protected.
As you can see, there can be all kinds of issues related to Word 2013 documents that we can face. The good news is that you can use the inbuilt feature of MS Word to Open and Repair a document. This will make MS Word scan the document and try to fix any minor issue with it. You can also learn how to open and repair a Word 2013 file in the following way.
Step 1: Launch MS Word 2013 and choose to Open a Document
To start with, just launch the Microsoft Word application on your system and go to its Menu > File > Open. From here, you can simply choose to open a Word file from your PC on the application.
Step 2: Open and Repair the Microsoft Word 2013 file
As a browser window would be loaded, you can simply go to the location on your system where the respective Word file is saved. After selecting the Word document, click on the dropdown icon adjacent to the Open button. From here, select the “Open and Repair” feature and wait as MS Word 2013 would detect and repair your file.
Most of the time, the Microsoft Word 2013 Open and Repair feature only fixes minor issues with documents. If your files are severely damaged, then you can consider using Stellar Repair for Word. An advanced Microsoft Word 2013 repair tool, it can fix your damaged and corrupt files in different scenarios.
- Stellar Word Repair is an advanced tool that can fix text, images, header, footer, formatting, comments, and all kinds of data for Word documents.
- It supports all kinds of DOC and DOCX files from applications like MS Word 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, and so on.
- Since it is a user-friendly tool, you can just load your Word documents, repair them, and even get their preview on its native interface.
- The Microsoft Word 2013 Repair tool by Excel offers different modes like Quick, Advance, and Raw repair.
- It is known to yield successful results in all kinds of scenarios like damaged files, unreadable documents, missing fragments, etc.
Here’s how to repair Microsoft Word 2013 documents like a pro with Stellar Repair for Word:
Step 1: Launch Stellar Repair for Word and Load Corrupt Documents
Go to the official website of Stellar Repair for Word and simply install the application on your Windows PC. Whenever you want to detect and repair a Word 2013 document, simply launch the Stellar Microsoft Word 2013 Repair tool.
Now, go to the Select option from the toolbar to get things started. As you would get a dedicated pop-up window, click on the “Browse” button. You can navigate to the location where your corrupt Word files are saved and load them to the application.
Step 2: Select Word files and Start the Repairing Process
Once you have loaded the corrupt Word documents, you can view their details listed on the application. You can now select the files of your choice and click on the “Scan” button to start the repairing process.
Step 3: Preview Repaired Word files and Save Them
As the repairing process for the Word document is started, you can just wait for a while for the process to be completed. Try not to close the Stellar Repair for Word application in between to get better results.
Lastly, the application will display the repaired Word documents and would even let you preview them. You can now click on the Save button from the toolbar to extract your Word 2013 files and save them on your system.
I’m sure that after reading this post, you can easily access the Microsoft Word 2013 Open and Repair feature. Apart from listing a tutorial on how to open and repair a Word 2013 file, I have also included some common issues with Word 2013 and how to resolve them. Besides that, if your files are severely corrupted, then you can try a Microsoft Word 2013 repair tool like Stellar Repair for Word. It is a user-friendly DIY repairing application that can fix all kinds of issues with Word documents in one place.