“HP sound not working” is one of the common glitches faced by HP users and there are several reasons that trigger the trouble.
You might be encountering this issue due to the inappropriate configuration of audio settings or due to hardware concerns. Whatever the reason be, it’s essential to fix it on time to bring back your device to life.
Are you facing HP Laptop No Sound trouble and unsure about how to fix it? Read on the page and find the comprehensive guide outlining the best and most effective methods to resolve the issue.
HP is widely-applauded for manufacturing high-performance laptops at reasonable costs. Their laptops come with a variety of features, including a backlit keyboard, a high-definition screen, and a fast processor.
They are also easy to carry around, making them ideal for students and busy professionals. HP laptops are known for their durability and performance while offering users a powerful and flexible computing experience.
These laptops are lightweight and compact. HP is a trustworthy brand that has established its reputation on quality; hence its devices are known for their solid construction.
HP makes some of the favorite laptops, but with so many models in its portfolio, it is quite challenging to choose the best among the rest.
So, before we get down to the reasons for the “HP Pavilion sound not working” trouble, let’s first unwrap some of the popular HP laptops here.
- HP Envy 13
- HP Spectre x360 14
- HP Spectre x360 13
- HP Chromebook x2
- HP Omen 15
- HP ZBook Create G7
- HP ZBook Fury 17 G8
- HP EliteBook 840 G7
- HP Elite Folio
- HP EliteBook x360 1040 G7
- HP Pavilion 15 - cx0140tx
- HP Elite Dragonfly
- HP Pavilion Aero 13
Multiple reasons lead to the HP Laptop Sound Not Working error. It is advised to understand the major causes before jumping into the solutions to get a better idea. Check them out here.
An outdated driver
The first and the most common reason for generating HP sound not working error is an outdated audio driver. Since HP periodically launches updates for software, drivers, and firmware, it is essential to keep your system updated to ensure you get the best from your products.
A malfunctioned system
The next reason leading to the trouble is virus or malware infection. There are several ways through virus can attack your HP laptop; hence, it is suggested to run an anti-virus program frequently to avoid the trouble.
Inappropriate audio format
Sometimes, the error message “HP laptop audio not working” generates when you try playing inappropriate audio format. Hence, switching between different audio formats can help you fix the trouble.
Yet another reason that might trigger the No Sound error on your HP laptops is incorrect configuration settings. There are multiple settings options related to the sound and even one wrong configuration can generate the problem. Make sure your setting configurations are appropriate to avoid trouble.
One potential issue could be with the audio card on your laptop. If it is not functioning properly, the sound will not be able to get through to your speakers. In order to test if this is the issue, you can try connecting your HP laptop to an external speaker or headphone jack to see if the audio improves.
Damaged Audio File
Last but not least reason that generates the HP EliteBook Sound Not Working error is the corrupted or damaged audio file. Unlike other devices, HP Laptops are also not capable of playing broken audio files; hence, you should first use the third-party app to repair the audio and then play the same on your laptop.
Is the sound on HP Laptop not working? Don’t get frustrated and find some practical solutions to fix the trouble here. These solutions are tried-and-tested and will surely help you get rid of the error. Let’s get into it.
1. Check the volume settings
Let’s start with the obvious. Before you jump into the advanced solutions to resolve the HP sound not working problem, check the volume settings and turn the volume to the maximum to see if it resolves the issue.
Make sure the audio icon available at the bottom right on your desktop is not muted. Here’s how you can check and modify the volume settings on your HP Laptop.
- Tap on the “Sound Icon” to choose between mute and sound.
- Also, you can drag volume to the medium or maximum by adjusting the slider. Try playing the audio again and check if the problem is resolved.
2. Troubleshoot hardware issues
The second best solution to eliminate the HP Laptop No Sound trouble is to check and troubleshoot hardware concerns. There are various hardware problems that can cause the sound issues, such as faulty speakers and a damaged headphone jack.
- To test the speaker of your laptop, you must take a look and see if there’s any dust on the speaker. Make sure to clean it properly and see if it helps.
- Sometimes the problem occurs because of the faulty headphone jack. If that’s the case, clean the jacks with a cotton swab to check if the problem resolves. If the sound is still not working, try other solutions mentioned on the list.
3. Use an audio repair software
Still facing the trouble and are wondering about how to solve it? Turn to the Wondershare Repairit tool and eliminate the problem in three simple steps.
Sometimes you’ll get the error message stating “HP Laptop volume not working” when you try playing the corrupted audio file. That’s where this third-party app comes into the frame.
Wondershare Repairit is a sure-shot solution to fix the broken audio file without hassle. It supports the five major audio formats, including Mp3, FLAC, WAV, M4A, and AAC, and can repair the file from almost all kinds of scenarios. Here are the main features of Repairit.
Support to repair damaged audios with all levels of corruption, such as audio not working, clipping audio, humming audio, rumbling audio, sibilant audio, out-of-sync audio, etc.
Support to repair audios of diverse formats, including MP3, M4A, FLAC, AAC, WAV, etc.
Repair damaged or corrupted audios from mutiple devices: portable voice recorder, recording software, shooting apparatus, SD cards, phones, hard drives, USB flash drives, etc.
Compatible with Windows PC, Mac OS, and supports PC to mobile transferring/sharing.
Step 1: Upload the audio file.
- To initiate the process, launch the Repairit on your HP Laptop and locate the “More Types Repair” tab on the side panel. Then, click on Audio Repair and move further.
- Next is to upload the corrupted audio file to the interface. Click on the Add button and browse the file you want to repair.
- Tap on the “Open” button and the file gets uploaded to the interface. You can also add multiple audio files and fix them at once.
Step 2: Start Repairing.
- As soon as the files are uploaded, it’s time to move on to the repairing process. Tap “Repair” to begin the process.
- A pop-up screen appears on the window asking you to add sample audio identical to the corrupted audio format.
- The tool may take a few minutes to complete the process; until then, you can check the progress on the screen.
Step 3: Preview and Save.
- Once the tool finishes the process, a “Preview” button will start appearing on the screen beside the repaired file. Click on it to check the audio quality.
- If you are satisfied with the same, tap “Save” and export the repaired files to your desired location.
- Now, play the audio again and check if it resolves the problem.
4. Disable audio enhancements
The next solution to eliminate the HP No Sound trouble is to disable the audio enhancements on your laptop. Follow the steps to carry out the process.
- Go to the Properties and select the “Additional Device Properties” tab.
- Remember that the setting to disable audio enhancements with either be available on the Enhancements tab or the Advanced option.
- Open the Enhancements tab and click on the checkbox saying “Disable all enhancement/ Disable all sound effects” and then select OK to save changes.
- However, if you don’t find the option on the Enhancement tab, go to the Advanced tab and uncheck the box saying “Enable Audio Enhancements” to disable it.
5. Restore the computer to an earlier date
Is the volume not working on HP Laptop? Restore your computer to an earlier date and see if it resolves the trouble. To initiate the process,
- Click on the Start button and go to the “All Programs” tab.
- Tap “Accessories” and locate the System Tools. Click on it and move to the next step.
- Now, select the “System Restore” option, which will redirect you to the Restore System Files and Settings window.
- Choose a different restore point and click on Next.
- Select a date and time from the list of available restore points and tap Next to save the changes.
6. Try another media player
Last but not least solution is to try another media player and check if it eliminates the error. Sometimes, HP Laptop No Sound appears because of the faulty media player; chances are that there could be a problem with your existing media player instead of audio file and hardware.
So, it’s best to try playing the audio file on other media players, like VLC, Kodi, etc., and see if it helps.
So, that's all about it! We hope our guide will help you eliminate the HP Laptop No Sound trouble.
Pick any of these methods and enjoy your favorite track hassle-free. Consider trying Wondershare Repairit if the problem occurs due to the corrupted audio file. It can easily handle 5 common audio formats and repair the file in no time.
* Some of the above codec formats may need to be supported by system.