Fix "YouTube Downloaded Videos Not Playing" Error
Check the solutions to fix your YouTube downloaded videos not playing on computer and mobile, and fix corrupted downloaded videos with Repairit - Video Repair within clicks.
YouTube is a good source of entertainment. It provides the public with an opportunity to post and watch videos free of cost. This is the reason for its massive 1.68 billion users worldwide. YouTube also provides an opportunity to download videos. This is where the problem arises. Many complain about YouTube Downloaded Videos Not Playing. If this is your case, then you end up in the right place.
Part 1. How to Find YouTube Downloaded Videos on Computer and Mobile
YouTube provides you an opportunity to download videos on your device. Most of these videos are available to download free of cost. You can easily check whether you can download a particular video or not in the options section provided below the videos. You are also provided an option to like, dislike, share, or save to watch later.
You can download the videos in any quality you want. These videos start from 144p and go up to 4K. There is no limit to the downloads provided that you carry enough space on your Computer or Mobile.
1. Access YouTube Downloaded Videos on Computer
You can download many videos for free. But if you want to download all, you need a YouTube Premium membership for the same, which is paid. But it also provides you an opportunity to download videos and watch offline anytime.
Step 1: Go to YouTube.com from any browser on your computer. Now select the video that you want to download. You will see many options below the video. One among them is downloaded in green color with a white downward-facing arrow as shown in the image.
Click on it and select the quality for download. Once selected, the downloading will start at the chosen location on your computer.
Step 2: You can visit the same location or the folder on your computer to access the downloaded video anytime you want.
2. View YouTube Offline or Downloaded Videos on Mobile
Accessing offline or downloaded videos on mobile is easy. Once you had downloaded a video on your mobile while going to the YouTube app, select the video and choose download from the options. They remain offline in your app for 30 days. To access them, follow some simple steps.
Step 1: Open the YouTube app on your mobile and go to your account. Press the icon as shown in the image.
Step 2: Now select "Offline videos" from the given options as shown. Watch all of your downloaded videos anytime you want to be provided that you have an internet connection to keep them renewing every 30 days.
Part 2. Repair Corrupted Downloaded YouTube Videos with Online Video Repair Tool
Ok, so you have downloaded a video from YouTube. Then you tried playing the video using several techniques, but in the end, not a single technique work.
If your video downloaded from YouTube is not playing, it must need some repair. Now, are you worried about the repair process? You do not have to as long as we are here to help you. Let's introduce you to the Wondershare Repairit - Online Video Repair for free. You will be happy to know that you have to open the website on your desired browser to use it. After adding the video to the tool, you only have to sit, and through some miraculous features, you will get your video repaired. All the other details about this wonderful Wondershare Repairit Online Video Repair Website are as follows.
- It can repair 10 video formats: MOV/MP4/M2TS/MKV/MTS/3GP/AVI/FLV/MXF/M4V.
- It supports repairing 150 video files per week.
- It supports repairing corrupt videos from all popular devices.
- You can preview and save the video at your desired location after the preview.
- It is protective and 100% secure.
The following are the steps that you will follow to repair your corrupted videos downloaded from YouTube online.
Step 1 Adding the video
Firstly, you will add the video to the interface to pursue the repairing process. for that, click on the Add (+) option and upload the video.
Step 2 Automatic repair
Then it will start the repairing process automatically.
Step 3 Preview and save the video
After the repairing process is completed, you can save the video anywhere you want.
When you have a video file that is larger than 5GB or have many video files to repair, please pick the desktop version of Wondershare Repairit.
Wondershare Repairit - Video Repair for the desktop version is presented to you to repair your corrupted video files. Now, no more frustration with the YouTube downloaded videos not playing. You can repair your corrupted videos using it on both Windows and Mac. It comes with advanced features that can repair plenty of corrupt videos of any size in a single go. It doesn't matter whether the videos are of a single format or multiple. See more its features below:
Repair damaged videos with all levels of corruption, such as video not playing, video no sound, out-of-sync video or audio, header corruption, flickering video, missing video codec, etc.
Repair videos of diverse formats, including MOV, MP4, M2TS, MKV, MTS, 3GP, AVI, FLV, MXF, KLV, INSV, M4V, WMV, MPEG, ASF, etc.
Repair damaged or corrupted videos caused by video compression, system crash, video format change, etc.
Repair critically damaged or corrupted videos available on SD cards, phones, cameras, USB flash drives, etc.
Repairit has a quick and advanced scanning mode. You can use either depending upon the level of corruption the video file has undergone.
Compatible with Windows PC, Mac OS, and supports PC to mobile transferring/sharing.
Let us repair corrupted video with just three simple and quick steps.
Step 1 Add Corrupted Video
The initial step in this process is to add the corrupted video. There are two ways to add a corrupted video.
- Click on the center area of the interface shown as "Add video and start repairing."
- Click on "Add" in the bottom left corner as shown.
Once the video is added successfully, you will be shown information about the corrupted video by the interface. It will be File Name, File Path, File Size, Date created, and operation as shown.
Step 2 Repair Video
Clicking on the "Repair" option will start the process of repairing the corrupted video. Once this process is completed, a window will appear with a message of success. You can click on the "OK" to continue.
You can click on the triangle to have a preview of the repaired video. If you are satisfied with the results, it's good to go with it. But, if at any point you are not satisfied with the results. No need to worry.
Choose "Advanced Repair" as shown. You can also see the message "Preview failed? Try advanced repair" in the bottom right corner for the same.
For this, click the folder icon and add a sample video to repair. A sample video is a valid video created with the same device and carries the same format as the corrupted video. Here Wondershare advanced repair uses information from the sample video. It helps to repair the corrupted video effectively.
Once you are done with adding the sample video simply click on the "Repair." Before proceeding further, you will be asked. "Do you want to save the repaired video before Advanced repair"? This is so because the repaired videos will not be saved if you go for advanced repair. You can choose "Yes" or "No" as per your need.
Step 3 Save Video
This is the final step in repairing the corrupted video. Click on the "Save" button to proceed further. Once you click it, a message will appear "Please choose a path to save the repaired videos." Choose the appropriate location where you want your video back.
It is advised not to select the folder or the location where your corrupted video was placed before. You can choose any other location for storing the repaired video.
Here you will be provided two options. If you choose the Recover button, the repaired video will be stored in the selected disk. But if you choose New Folder and then choose the Recover button. The video will be saved in the new folder. You can also name the New Folder. This will make it easy for you to find the video.
Once you are done with the above step, it will take a few seconds to complete the process. Once completed, you can easily access your video.
Part 3. YouTube Solutions to Fix Downloaded Videos Not Playing
There were many instances when YouTube downloaded videos are not playing, and an error is shown for the same. This is a common issue that happens with many. There are several technical and manual errors behind this. They range from the wrong method of downloading to network or connectivity issues. There is much troubleshooting available to make your videos play with small changes in the settings.
First, let us consider some solutions that you can try to run your downloaded YouTube videos successfully.
- Reinstall the display drivers if you are accessing videos from the computer.
- Update your Operating system of phone or computer to the latest version.
- Install missing plug-ins.
- Check for the right codec.
- Try to play videos using the browser.
- The video file is corrupted, repair it to watch.
- The format of the video is changed, change it back to its original format.
- The video is not downloaded properly due to some interruption. Download the video again.
- Check for any network issues.
- Uninstall and reinstall the YouTube app
To prevent this from happening in the future. Several right steps will help you to download videos without any corruption or error.
One among them is the YouTube app with a premium membership. This membership will allow you to download unlimited videos on mobile or computer. For this, go to the YouTube app, installed it on your device, and follow some basic steps.
Step 1: Open YouTube and select the video that you want to download. Once selected, it will start playing. Choose "save" from the options that are given below the video.
Step 2: Select the video quality that you want. Once chosen, you will be asked to choose "Remember my settings." If you want to use the same video quality for downloading in the future, then click on the box. If not, leave it. Now click on "OK" to continue.
Step 3: Clicking on "OK" will start the process of downloading. Once the download is complete, you can access the video by clicking on the library and then on "offline videos."
Part 4. System Utilities to Repair Not Playing Videos
There are several instances when you download some videos successfully. But later on, when you try to play them, you get the "YouTube downloads not working" error. This situation is frustrated as your time and data go in vain. Moreover, you need to find that particular video again for downloading.
But what will be the scenario when you can repair or fix the corrupted video? Well, it helps you a lot by saving both your time and data. To help you out on the same, some of the easy solutions are presented that do not require extra work for you.
Solution 1. Windows Audio Endpoint Builder Service
Sometimes there arise some glitches that can be easily repaired by restarting Windows audio endpoint builder service.
For this, follow some simple steps.
Step 1: Press the "Windows + R" key. A dialogue box will appear. Type "services.MSC". A user account control will pop up. Click on "Yes" to permit administrative access.
Step 2: Scroll through the list of services till you find "Windows audio endpoint builder." Once found, right-click on it and go to properties.
Step 3: Go to the general tab and press "stop." This will close the windows audio endpoint builder service.
Step 4: After some time, the start button will be available. Press it and close the service screen. You are done.
Solution 2. Use Browser
Plugins play a crucial role in playing a video. To fix this issue, follow some steps given below.
Step 1: Open Internet Explorer and click "tools."
Step 2: Click on "Manage add-ons".
Step 3: Click on "Toolbars and Extensions".
Step 4: Click on "All add-ons" under the "Show".
Step 5: Select the flash and Silverlight add-ons from the given options and click "Enable." You are done.
Part 5. Important Tips on YouTube Video Downloads
Several techniques allow you to download videos from YouTube without any error. Suppose you are looking for some of the best and tested solutions or tips for the same. Here are some of these.
- Network connectivity: To ensure proper downloading of your video without any error, connect your device to a stable high-speed Wi-Fi network.
- Bloatware: Do not use any tool to push any unwanted bloatware or crapware while downloading the video. This will work for you in downloading video successfully, but later on, it causes an error.
- Feasibility: There are several situations when you can access your computer immediately. In these situations, make use of the aforementioned online tools over your phone. This will help you to download the desired YouTube video without any error or corruption.
- Use the YouTube App or Browser with proper extensions: One of the simplest and safest techniques to download YouTube videos is to use the YouTube app. It provides you an error-free downloading. Moreover, you can easily pause and resume your videos. Another method is to use extensions with browsers.
- Do not change the format: Once the video is downloaded. Do not try to change the format to enhance the quality of video or audio. This will only generate an error that will prevent the video from playing in the future.
You often face situations in which YouTube downloaded videos not playing properly. To make them play, you must have gone through several tricks. These tricks may have done a job for you, but not every time. To help you out on the same, a resolute dossier containing tested solutions is presented to you.
Related Content You Might Want to Know
1. Why YouTube Downloaded Videos Are Not Playing?There must be an error during download, or you must not have proper settings to play videos.
2. Why I Cannot Save Offline Videos on YouTube?You must not be a premium member, or your membership must have ended. But if it happens for all videos. There can be other issues like improper settings or network issues. Also, check available storage on your device.
3. How do I fix YouTube not playing?Check your internet connection and update your device to the latest version. Also, refresh the page and clear the cache from your device.
4. How do I refresh YouTube downloads?These are continuously refreshed automatically, over Wi-Fi or cellular data depending upon your given permissions.
5. How do I fix a video not playing?
- Install proper codecs.
- Change format.
- Update drivers.
- Use Wondershare Video Repair software.