For enhancing GoPro videos to get views and popularity online, editing becomes a necessary step. Many GoPro video editors with various editing features are available for all. If you're a beginner editor or an experienced video maker, you might face the problem of corrupted video files. The right repairing tool can help you.
We have picked the top GoPro video repair tools for you. We hope the following list of video editing programs will assist you in making an immediate but informed decision. So without any delay, let's know more with the following information.
Table of Contents
One of the market's most outstanding file repair programs was created by Wondershare and is called Repairit. It is well-known worldwide for its intuitive interface that anyone can use to quickly and easily repair corrupted files.
The Wondershare Repairit tool for videos is then thoughtfully created for you to fix your videos in every case. The majority of logical and technological problems relating to video corruption are fixable.
However, the general outcomes and success rates would rely on the degree of the video damage and the method you use to restore it. Wondershare Repairit has all the features and capabilities to recover your corrupted video files effectively.
Latest Version: Version 4.0.7
Video Files Supported: MOV, MP4, M2TS, MKV, MTS, 3GP, AVI, FLV, MXF, KLV, INSV, M4V, WMV, MPEG, ASF
Windows: Windows 11/10/8/Vista/7
Mac: macOS 10.10~macOS 10.15
Hard Disk Space: Minimum 700MB of space
- 1 Month License: $69.99
- 1 Year License: $79.99
- Lifetime Subscription: $99.99
- 1 Month License: $79.99
- 1 Year License: $99.99
- Lifetime Subscription: $119.99
- Support Major File Types: You may fix damaged videos in the M2TS, MKV, MTS, 3GP, INSV, M4V, WMV, MPEG, MOV, MP4, 3G2, 3GP, AVI, FLV, and ASF formats by using Wondershare's Repairit.
- Preview Option: You may preview the repaired files before saving them in all standard formats, including AVI, MTS, FLV, MKV, and M2TS.
- Batch Processing: Repairit enables hassle-free loading and simultaneous repair of several files in various formats. You'll save a lot of time and manual work.
- Automatic Updates: You will find an auto-update feature in this tool. It is beneficial because manually installing the available updates is time-consuming.
The user interface is optimized.
Works effectively on Windows and Mac platforms.
Less use of system resources.
The Demo version is available.
There are no possibilities for modification.
On the trial versions, you cannot save files.
Comparison with similar products
If we compare Wondershare Repairit with other alternate tools in the market, we first consider its quick video repair speed. The next best part that differentiates this tool is its capability to deal with various video corruption symptoms. For example, blurry videos, jerky or flickering videos, out-of-sync audio and video, missing video codec, etc.
The tool is quite efficient and makes it simple to repair damaged files on your Windows or Mac OS computer. It has unique features and a user-friendly UI. Before deciding, we advise you to carefully consider all of its qualities, advantages, and disadvantages.
VLC is a media player that most of you are familiar with for watching movies. However, you might need to become more familiar with the player's file repair features. Video files that are broken, corrupted, damaged, or truncated can be fixed using VLC.
wonderDamaged MOV and MP4 videos can be converted into watchable files thanks to their transcoding capabilities. Now, let's learn more about this tool that can help you repair your corrupted video files effortlessly.
App Size: Windows (38 MB), Mac (33 MB), Android (24 MB), iOS (56 MB)
Windows: From Windows XP SP3 to the last version of Windows 10
Mac: Mac OS X 10.7 or later
RAM: Minimum 128 MB
Hard Disk Space: Minimum 100 MB
- Create audio and video effects: We frequently sense that the audio and video on a media file need to be in sync, and this is really frustrating. The VLC media player has a feature that helps in correcting this issue.
- Safe play and download Youtube Videos: VLC can help you download video links to your player even though it can't let you download YouTube videos straight from the internet.
- Convert video files: VLC media player users can convert their media file formats without requiring a separate plugin.
- Take a snapshot: VLC can be used to create a snapshot for your video frequently. On Windows and Linux, execute the shortcut Shift+S; for OS X users, use CMD+ALT+S.
Every OS, including Windows and Linux, supports the media player VLC.
Quick and easy to download.
Play almost all types of video file formats.
It doesn't require downloading additional codecs.
VLC is a portable media player.
You must open files directly from their corresponding folders to play them.
Tags are not permitted.
It may be challenging to search for certain music in your library.
The interface of the software cannot be modified.
Comparison with similar products
The VLC media player is one of the best video repair tools. Some things that make it unique are that it has no advertisements, spyware, or user tracking. It supports various file types, making it an excellent movie player for those who use very old or unique formats.
Although VLC Media Player contains repairing features, the open-source program doesn't always succeed in fixing damaged videos. It is a specialized video repair software that is a reliable solution. You can save a significant amount of time by using professional video repair software.
3. GoPro SOS
The SOS option, a built-in feature, is another approach to repairing GoPro videos. Users must be aware that practically all GoPro models include this capability. You can restore the file using this feature if you are not able to play the GoPro video.
Let's know some more about this great SOS utility of GoPro!
Repair Video on GoPro HERO3/HERO3+/HERO4 (Black & Silver)/HERO 5 Black/HERO6 Black/HERO (2018)
Step 1: Turn off your GoPro device.
Step 2: The camera's battery should be removed.
Step 3: Take the camera's MicroSD card out.
Step 4: Turn on the camera after merely inserting the battery in the back.
Step 5: Press any button after placing the MicroSD card back in.
Step 6: The camera will look for recognized files on the MicroSD card.
You will see one of the following icons or messages on your GoPro's screen if it detects a corrupted video:
- Notification of REPAIRING FILE bandage symbol plus symbol (+) and a bicycle icon
1. Press ANY BUTTON on the camera to repair the video if you see any of these indicators or notifications. The indicator or notification should continuously blink as the file is being repaired.
2. The camera's LCD screen will return to normal after the file is fixed.
There are various models of GoPro cameras. Some of the outstanding features that you get with this product are:
- You may preview and replay your shots on your GoPro, modify the settings, and crop your video.
- It's simple to stay connected with GoPro apps, accessories, and more with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
- Advanced picture processing with GoPro offers stunning video and photo quality in low-light situations.
- In GoPro, fine-tuning exposure settings are available with the simple on-screen Exposure Control.
- In-built GoPro SOS utility to repair corrupted videos from the device.
Many GoPro devices are waterproof.
Mounting options are present.
These are compact and portable.
Battery life could be better for GoPro.
Mostly the low-light performance is mediocre.
There is a restriction on responsiveness.
Comparison with similar products
Like other software we discuss, GoPro SOS is not a tool. It is an in-built facility with GoPro devices. These are for the situations when the recorded files get corrupted. Therefore, you can fix the issue with your files by using it.
Finally, if you use GoPro devices to record videos, using GoPro SOS should be your first step to repair corrupted files.
Fix.video is one of the best video repair tools that allows users to repair corrupted video files. You can fix the affected video files due to any reason using it. Moreover, videos recorded from any camera can be uploaded to it and get repaired.
It can quickly recover videos from Panasonic, Nikon, Sony, Canon, BlackMagic, GoPro, iPhone, Android, Drones (DJI Phantom, Mavic Pro, Spark, Inspire), Apple ProRes, MXF, and many other cameras. The following information will let you learn more.
- Download the version for Windows
- Download version for Mac OS
- Repair MP4, MOV, M4A, 3GP, MXF, and RSV files easily corrupted, damaged, or unusable.
- Repair professional camera-produced high-definition video files from Canon, Nikon, Sony, Panasonic, BlackMagic, GoPro, iPhone, Android, etc.
- Repair the files even after battery failure during recording.
- Works with every GoPro available in the market.
Available for both Mac and Windows OS.
It is feasible to use for various video corruption reasons.
It offers complete recovery of the files.
Easy to use for anyone.
It might not be suitable for the complex corruption of the videos.
Takes some time to upload the corrupt video files.
Repair time will depend on the corrupted file.
Comparison with similar products
Fix.video is also one of the best alternate video repair tools. It helps in repairing GoPro videos effectively. You can also try using it if you have trouble with any video files. It might be better than other tools, but it can fall into your budget.
In conclusion, the information for Fix.video can repair your video files. Slow speed is possible, but it can give you effective recovery for low-quality videos.
Adobe Premiere Pro is a cloud-based video editing software that enables companies to produce and edit videos, add transitions or effects, and export finished products on a single platform. Users can make animated presentations, add subtitles to video clips, and speed review and approval procedures.
In addition to all these excellent facilities, Adobe Premiere Pro offers video repair services. So, if you are facing any issue that is corrupting your video file, you can use this tool by Adobe.
- Available for: Windows and Mac OS.
- Pricing: $20.99/month
- A free trial version is also available.
- Interpret footage: You can change video to a compatible frame rate using the interpret footage feature without sacrificing quality.
- Auto color correct: The auto color correct feature is helpful if color correction isn't your forte and convenient if you need to quickly correct and export a video.
- Create multi-camera sequence: Combining footage from various camera sources can seem overwhelming, but Premiere's multi-camera sequence makes it simple.
- Audio assign: Both beginners and expert users will find the Premiere Pro audio tool to simplify audio mixing.
Unique transitions and video editing techniques.
The ability to nest objects and sequences is Premiere Pro's finest feature.
Excellent software lets you import or makes fantastic animations, transitions, and titles.
Superior functionality even with the free version.
Rendering can be abandoned due to odd and unidentified issues.
Adobe Premiere Pro might need help in understanding the working.
Some users can face black flicker issues.
Comparison with similar products
Perhaps the most powerful video editing software is Adobe Premiere Pro. You can access all the tools professionals use, yet it's still simple to use and comprehend. Premiere Pro is designed for experts and has a long list of well-known clients and movies to its credit. Despite being such a versatile product, it excels at usability and provides a tutorial to guide you through using it.
Adobe Premiere Pro is the last tool that we considered in the list. It is one of the excellent video repair tools with all the qualities to repair corrupted video files. As it is a tool used by professionals, you can trust it.
In The End
This article has given insight into the best video repair tools for different situations. Try sorting the several trustworthy video mending products offered on the market from various views whenever you decide to get a video repair tool.
To comprehend many applications of video restoration software and their advantages and disadvantages, you can also refer to the above information to decide. According to us, Wondershare Repairit is the best tool. It is why we have included it as number one on our list.
Q1. Why do GoPro files get corrupted?
A1: There are so many reasons why a GoPro video can get corrupted. Some of these reasons include: - Malicious spyware. - Failure of your memory card. - Improper ejection of the memory card from the GoPro camera. - Unplanned break in transmission when transferring videos to your PC from the camera.
Q2. How do you fix a blurry GoPro footage?
A2: Wondering why your GoPro videos are blurry? The truth is that they were recorded that way. To fix these blurry videos, try the following methods: - Clean your camera lens before you record. - Update the camera software to the newest version. - Shoot in bright natural light. - Use a higher ISO so that the camera maintains a faster shutter. - Lock the shutter speed of your GoPro at 1/120 or 1/240 or more.
Q3. Why does my GoPro cut videos?
A3: GoPro cameras record videos in segments. It does this to protect you from losing the whole footage should the file become corrupt. This process is called “chaptering.” Without this feature, you wouldn’t be able to shoot videos that exceed the nine-minute mark with a GoPro camera. As such, cutting videos helps to maintain file system compatibility.