As a computer geek (you probably are one if you are reading this), you may very well know that your data is not a hundred percent safe even on the local hard disk of your personal computer since many files tend to be corrupt due to several reasons.
Damaged/Corrupt Excel files Issue:
Excel files serve as a mini-database for storing an inter-related and a small amount of data. However, data stored in the excel sheet is much sensitive, and due to online operations, these files are more likely to get corrupt. However, there are many other reasons too. One should have an excel file repair tool in the stockpile to use when he requires to repair a corrupt excel file. It is essential since one may have super important data stored in such files. Repair damaged files have now become a super easy process since there are multiple excel file repair tools available to operate and repair damaged files.
Solution 1: Repair Damaged/Corrupt Excel Files with Excel Repair Tool
This is one of the best tools available out there to repair corrupt excel files. Stellar excel file repair tool is capable enough to repair damaged files thanks to the unique functionalities and specifications. Here are some key features:
- Recovers all kinds of data stored in damaged excel files such as tables, charts, formulas, comments, images, etc.
- It can operate both XLS and XLSX files.
- Default cell formatting is preserved in the recovering process.
- This excel file repair tool can be used on both Windows and Mac platforms to repair corrupt excel files.
- All kinds of MS office corruption errors (for XLS and XLSX files only) can be handled with this tool.
- This excel file repair tool can repair damaged files of all versions from 2000 to 2016 that includes 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, etc.
- To add excel files on the left panel click add file icon and import files.
- Files can be added by searching directories, location files, or scanning folders.
- You can check the loss of searched files, select one corrupt file for repair, and click the Scan button to start the repairing process.
- Preview the repaired Excel files, and choose to save.
- Select location, click ok.
Solution 2: Repairing file manually
- Open MS excel. You may now see a blank sheet.
- Open the file menu and click on open or just press Ctrl+O.
- Now find the desired file and select open and repair from the open button drop-down menu.
- If still not opened, click on extract data and click yes.
Solution 3: Opening excel file with HTML
- This method only works if you can open the corrupt excel file. Open it and click on save as.
- Select a different location from the original file and save it as a web page. Make sure the full spreadsheet is selected.
- Now open the saved files with MS Excel and save them again in excel format.
- Corruption will be gone if you are lucky enough.
Solution 4: Moving/copying data elsewhere:
- This method also requires you to open the corrupted file. Do it.
- Right-click on any sheet tab and click select all sheets.
- Right-click on the sheet tab again and click on move or copy.
- Choose a new book and also remember to mark creates a copy option last on the move or copy box.
- Hit ok and you are done.
Solution 5: XML method
- Open the corrupt file if you can, and click on save as.
- Before saving select the format XML from the available list.
- Open the file again and click on save as.
- Change the file name and save it again in the original format.
Solution 6: Trying some luck
- Close MS excel. Re-open the file and see if the corrupt message is still there.
- Is it? Restart the entire system and try opening the file again.
- Still no luck? Go to c:\windows\temp and delete everything. Try to open the file again.
- Try opening the file using an open office. This program is compatible with all Microsoft documents and works pretty well around corruption.
More Related Articles:
Before your repair damaged or corrupt Excel files, the damage reasons will cause Excel files lost such as Unexpected system failure, virus attack, exiting application without saving, etc. Then, you will need an Excel file recovery software to help you retrieve lost Excel files back. Recoverit office file Recovery is an effective and safe Excel file recovery software to recover deleted or lost files from damaged devices.
Further reading: How to recover deleted word documents?
Your Safe & Reliable Office File Recovery Software
- Recover lost or deleted files, photos, audio, music, emails from any storage device effectively, safely, and completely.
- Supports data recovery from recycle bin, hard drive, memory card, flash drive, digital camera, and camcorders.
- Supports to recover data for sudden deletion, formatting, hard drive corruption, virus attack, system crash under different situations.