Error code 0xc00d36e5 will make your video unplayable and is a common problem with Windows Media Player. My videos are not playing on my Windows 10 PC, getting an error code 0xc00d36e5. How can I fix this error code and watch my MP4 videos? If you are stuck with this error, don’t panic because you can use solutions to get rid of the 0xc00d36e5 mp4 video. These methods repair your videos to make them playable again.
Part 1: What is error 0xc00d36e5?
You might have some best videos, and you thought everything was on track. However, while editing your treasured videos, you see a 0xc00d36e5 error in windows 10 and can’t play the videos. It turns out that those videos will never be played again unless you do something to repair the problem.
1. What does 0xc00d36e5 mean?
It can be frustrating when you see the 0xc00d36e5 error. This error is a fault code and usually occurs when you try to play videos in Windows Media Play. The good news is that you can fix this fault code. As it turns out, this problem is encountered on Windows 10, Windows 7, and Windows 8.1.
2. What causes 0xc00d36e5 errors in videos?
There are various causes for error code 0xc00d36e5 in videos. There is maybe a configuration problem with some of the system files. Besides compatibility issues, your video might also be corrupt. Below are some causes in detail:
- The Windows Media player does not support the file type. While trying to open some video files with your Windows Media Play, you will encounter the error code because the media playback software doesn’t support the file. Incompatibility with the media player can give rise to this error.
- Hardware problem. A faulty USB cable can also be attributed to this error code. This happens when you attempt to open video files kept externally, like on SD cards or external HDDs. It simply means the storage drive of the video file might be corrupt.
- Corrupt system. Most people have reported that this error code comes when they use corrupt Windows dependencies. This happens as they playback the videos. Also, the video file may be corrupt. Maybe the system files are not properly configured.
Part 2: How to fix the 0xc00d36e5 video error in Windows
Usually, if your video file is perfect and the media player is compatible, you should not have 0xc00d36e5 Video Error in Windows. However, things don’t always work out as you had them wanted to. Other factors, such as an error code, will influence the video file not to play as anticipated. Here are some simple solutions you can use for 0xc00d36e5 repair:
Step 1: Use VLC Media Player
The simplest solution to Fix the 0xc00d36e5 video error in Windows is to use the VLC media player. Best of all, this method works well if you have video file corruption problems. To fix this problem, follow the steps below:
- Download VLC Media Player if you have not installed it in your system.
- Select the Tools and choose the Preference.
- Click on the Input and Codecs. It will direct you to the Always Fix.
- Next, select Always Fix.
- Finally, click on the Save button. Now, you can confirm if the media player is playing the video.
Step 2: Add the video file to another USB Drive or Play the movie on an alternative media player.
The corrupt external storage devices, including USB Drive, usually cause error code 0xc00d36e5. Due to this, your video files will not play. Instead, try to fix this issue by changing your USB stick. You can transfer the video files onto an alternative USB Drive and play them from there. Another option is to move the files to your computer’s hard drive and try to play them there.
It’s possible that the USB Drive is not the culprit. Windows Media Player has limitations when it comes to supporting video file formats. If you have this error in Windows Media Player, consider playing the same videos in VLC. This is because the VLC media player supports a wide range of video formats. No wonder, VLC media player plays some video formats that the Windows media player can’t play.
Step 3: Run an SFC scan
You can also experience the error code 0xc00d36e5 if you have corrupt video files. Here is what you should do to scan your system files:
- First of all, in Windows 10, press the Windows key and X hotkey simultaneously.
- Select the Administrator to get the Prompt window.
- In the Command Prompt, enter SFC/SCANNOW. Then go to the Return button to start the repair and scanning process of the system file.
- Once the SFC scan is complete, restart your computer.
Step 4: Clean boot your computer.
If you recently installed an add-on on your computer, maybe it’s causing problems with the system leading to the 0xc00d36e5 video error in Windows. The best solution is to uninstall it. You can also resolve this error issue by performing Clean Boot on your computer. You see, Clean Boot fixes applications that run in the background. These applications may cause this error, preventing your video from playing. Here is how to Clean Boot Windows on your computer:
- Simultaneously, press the Windows button and R hotkey to open the search tab.
- In Search accessory, type MSConfig and click OK to launch the General Tab. Then, click the Selective Startup. Next, Uncheck the Load System Items box. Check the boxes for the Use the original boot configuration and Load System Services.
- Choose the Hide all Microsoft services check the box which is at the bottom.
- Click on the Disable all.
- Press the Apply and OK, restart your computer.
Step 5: Use Wondershare Repairit.
If you couldn’t find a good 0xc00d36e5 fix for your video, it’s advisable to use Wondershare Repairit Video Repair Software. The error is likely due to corruption in the video file. Wondershare Repairit fixes various types of video corruption that cause video errors. It supports repairs for the following video formats: MOV, MP4, M2TS, MKV, MTS, 3GP, AVI, and FLV.
With two video repair modes, Wondershare Repairit is capable of fixing the error code 0xc00d36e5. The quick repair fixes various video errors. In case this error is still there after trying the quick repair mode, you can use Advanced Repair. The Advanced Repair mode repairs videos by analyzing the data and technology contained in the sample video. For corrupt videos, you can add a sample file which is a working file. Therefore, it will use the information from the working sample and repair the corrupt video files. You can use it by taking the following steps.
Step 1: Install the Wondershare Repairit.
First of all, download and install the Wondershare Repairit on your computer. Next, click the File to add the video file with the error code 0xc00d36e5. You can add it by simply dragging it to the Drag and drop videos here to repair for restoration.
Step 2: Use the Quick Repair mode.
Select the video file with the error issue. The system will scan and fix the errors.
Step 3: Use the Advanced Repair mode.
If the errors are still there, use the Advanced Repair option. You can upload the sample video to repair it.
This is a sample file created from the same application. It has the same format as the corrupted video.
Step 4: Select the video file for Advanced Repair.
Check the box with the video file for Advance Repair. It means the system will analyze the sample file and its technology before repairing the corrupt video. Click repair for the Wondershare Repairit to start the scanning process. The Advance repair option will spend more time on the deep scan.
Step 5: Save the repaired files.
When the repairing process is complete, you can preview the repaired video file. Finally, you can save the video file on any destination of your choice.
Part 3: How to keep your videos playing properly?
Everyone desires to have perfect video playback. But, there are a few hardware and software issues that can prevent your videos from playing properly. Simply put, an out-of-date media player, a lower-performance computer, or other factors would affect your video performance. By now, you should be wondering what you can do to keep your videos playing properly. Take the steps listed below to make sure your video is perfect.
- Update your media player. The importance of updating your media player cannot be emphasized enough. Whether it’s the VLC or any other preferred media player software, ensure that you have the latest software version.
- Install proper video codecs. Certainly, improper codecs can affect the quality of your video. This is because the data of video and audio cannot be processed well. If you see that some video formats are not playing on your computer, probably it’s because the codecs are corrupted or damaged. You need to install the right codec or fix the faulty codecs. Want to know the best part? Microsoft keeps the recommended codec pack to handle such situations. All you need to do for your video to play properly is download and install the codec pack.
- Make sure your computer supports the videos. Videos have different formats and qualities, which play a huge role in their performance. For your video to play properly, you need to have the right hardware. The computer’s performance can affect the smooth play of your video. It’s safe to conclude that it can be fairly inexpensive to upgrade your hardware if your videos are not playing properly.
- Install recent CPU and GPU drivers. If you are not happy with your videos' quality, consider updating your CPU and GPU drivers. It’s essential to have up-to-date drivers on your computer. Here’s why, when you have outdated drivers, you will face frequent errors while playing your videos. Worse still, you might not access some of the programs. Usually, the performance of your computer is determined by CPU and GPU drivers. For this reason, you can ensure your videos are playing properly by updating these drivers.
Relevant tips: Solutions to fix 0xc00d3e8c error.
By now, you should know that there are various ways you can use to handle the 0xc00d36e5 mov. You have a choice to repair your video by VLC Media Player, adding the video file to an alternative USB drive or media player, run SFC scan, Clean Boot, or use repair software on your computer. The Wondershare Repairit is the trusted and easier solution as it doesn’t require you to have technical knowledge. You can easily fix the error code 0xc00d36e5 and repair the corrupted video.