All of us would prefer to work on files and leave them for future use on the hard disk without any worries. But as it turns out, things are not so easy. You may be the victim of corrupt files. This is when the troubleshooter in your turns to fix the corrupt files.
However, the error messages are not any help in identifying the real issue behind failure; a few samples are:
- "The document name or path is not valid. Try these suggestions. Check the file permissions for the document or drive. Use the File Open dialog box to locate the document."
- "Word cannot open the document: user does not have access privileges.
- Garbage characters when you open the file.
This is why it gets tough to repair corrupted files. The error messages are generic, and there could be multiple reasons that the error could have resulted due to.
Some of the most common reasons for such issues:
- Damaged MS Office software
- Files not closed with proper saving done, resulting in corrupt data
- Computer hardware issues like bad sectors resulting out of an old hard disk or one affected by dust particles
- Software compatibility problems; files created in one version not supported on another version of the Microsoft Office software
- Your computer caught some harmful virus that is playing around with your files
So how can I fix corrupted MS Office files?
The easiest way to fix corrupted MS Office files is to use the Stellar file repair tool. This will repair corrupted files easily restoring all data elements.
The Stellar File Repair Toolkit is used by many users to repair corrupted office files. It can fix corrupted MS Office files like no other tool in the market. It is feature-rich and has a cool UI. Using it is akin to a walk in the park.
- Allows you to repair four different types of files namely, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Zip.
- Extremely easy to use and is designed in such a manner that anyone can use it to repair corrupted files.
- Offers many excellent search options to find corrupted files in an instant.
- Provides an extraordinary preview feature that allows you to see the contents of the file to be repaired.
- Capable of recovering all of the data contained in the corrupted file.
Download File Repair Toolkit on your PC and launch it. File Repair Toolkit has four repair options about Repair Word File, Repair Excel File, Repair PowerPoint File, Repair ZIP File. And the following have some simple steps to repair these corrupt files:
Step 1 With the repair option of "Repair Word File" to perform the repairing process,
Step 2 Select corrupt Word file and folder, search files in the whole drive. All corrupt files will display in the result section, choose one or all files start to repairing process.
Step 3 After scanning the corrupt files, you can preview the repaired Word file.
Step 1 "Repair Excel File" option to fix corrupt Excel file, add the corrupt Excel files to search.
Step 2 Search the whole drive, all corrupt Excel files will display in the result section, choose one you want to repair to scan.
Step 3 After scanning the corrupt Excel file, you can preview the repaired Excel file and save it to the desired location.
More Related Articles:
Step 1 To fix corrupted MS PowerPoint files with the option of "Repair PowerPoint File", select the corrupted PowerPoint file to search.
Step 2 All corrupted PowerPoint files display in the result section, you can select all files start to fixing process.
Step 3 Preview the repaired PowerPoint files and save it.
File repair tool offers the most reliable way to fix corrupted MS Office files in the shortest possible time, it is best to use it for all your needs to repair corrupted files. This is irrespective of the version of the software you have and the number of files that need recovery.