While Microsoft Office turns out to be very helpful in making different kinds of documents and presentations, sometimes the saved files have a tendency to get damaged or corrupted as a result of some unavoidable reasons. These reasons include bad sectors on the hard drive, improper shut down of computers, different kinds of viruses, and several other similar reasons. While this scenario proves to be highly frustrating, it is not the end of the world. You can follow a few different simple procedures to repair or recover different types of Microsoft Office files. A few techniques in this regard are discussed below for your convenience and understanding.
You may find different file repair software over the internet to repair damaged files but the best one among the rest is an application known as File Repair Toolkit. It is a desktop-based computer application that allows you to repair corrupted files. You can easily resolve any kind of file corruption issues regarding Microsoft Office by making use of this file repair tool. The application offers support for all the MS Office related files including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. In addition to these, the File Repair Tool Kit also helps you fix any ZIP files as well. An overview of the main features offered by this application is listed below.
1. Repair damaged files of MS Word
- It preserves the original contents of any Word files including the original text, headers, footers, images, and fonts.
- It offers three different file repair options including Raw Recovery, Advance Repair, and Simple Repair.
- It offers three different kinds of Word document previews including Full document, Raw text, and Filtered text.
- Compatible with almost all the variants of Microsoft Word.
2. Repair corrupted files of MS Excel
- It preserves the original contents of an Excel file without any modifications in tables, filters, sort, formula, images, cell comment, chart sheet. Charts, etc.
- Offers the option of repairing single or multiple Excel files at the same time.
- It may resolve all the corruption errors by making use of an easy folder and file selection.
- Compatible with almost all the variants of Microsoft Excel.
3. Repair damaged files of MS PowerPoint
- It restores and repairs damaged PPT files including .ppt, .pptx and .pptm extensions.
- It facilitates the repair of single as well as multiple PPT files at the same time.
- It offers a preview of the recoverable content before actually saving the files.
- It is compatible with almost all the variants of Microsoft PowerPoint.
4. Repair corrupted ZIP files
- Fixes any kind of ZIP file corruption as a result of incompatible compression, incomplete downloads, hard drive bad sectors, virus attacks, etc.
- Offers ZIP repair facility for files having a size of up to 800 MB.
- Offers recovery for any non-protected ZIP files.
- It is compatible with all common variants of Microsoft Windows.
More Related Articles:
In case you are willing to repair content from any damaged Word File, File Repair ToolKit may be used. You can go through the following simple steps to do that.
Step 1 With File Repair Toolkit, select the option of "Repair Word File" start to repairing process
Step 2 The window of Word Repair tool pup up, click on 'Select File' to choose the potentially corrupted word file that you want to repair. In case you are not sure about the exact location of the file, you can also search for it in a folder or an entire local drive.
Step 3 All the corrupted Word files will display in the result section. You may select a single file or multiple files at the same time to repair them.
Step 4 Once you have selected the files to repair, you need to click on the 'Scan' button to start the repair process. After that, you can preview the repaired Word file.
If your files are badly corrupted, you can select the 'Raw Recovery' option to recover your files.
Stellar Word Repair Tool
Stellar Word Repair Tool is another similar kind of file repair software that might be used to repair and restore any corrupted Microsoft Office files. Just like File Repair Toolkit, this Word Repair tool also offers several different high-end features related to file repair and restoration.
- Word Repair Tool can safely repair corrupted Word files while preserving the original style and formatting of the document.
- It has a search function that helps you quickly locate your files even if you don't know their exact location.
- After you have selected and eventually scanned a document, you can preview it in three different modes.
- Word Repair is a Word document repair tool designed to fix almost all the word documents corruption errors.
- You can choose between three different recovery modes: "Simple Repair", "Advanced Repair" and "Raw Recovery". One of these recovery methods will surely help you repair corrupted Word files.
- Repairs corrupt MS Word file created in MS Word 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, and 2000
- Supports Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, 2003, XP, 2000, and NT
When you are dealing with some kind of corrupted Microsoft Office files, there are a few tips that might come in very handy in this regard. A few of them are listed below.
- Rather than making use of the conventional techniques, making use of some file repair tool is a better option.
- If you are unable to get the wanted results, you can switch to the 'Raw Recovery' mode of the repair tool.
- Try relocating a potentially corrupted file to some other location on your hard drive. This is because hard drives sometimes get affected by bad sectors. So any data present on the affected area of the hard drive might get damaged in some way.