Open source formats like zip format have a specific structure that records information in the header of the file. It is not odd for you to receive a zip archive having header issues. Sometimes the same applications and processes used to create the zip file can generate these errors. It doesn’t matter if the issue is minor, or major, programs like WinZip will consider your file corrupt whenever it finds any header problems, inaccurate information, or different file extension. This thing happens to avoid any security risk. If you want to repair corrupt ZIP files you can use a file repair tool to correct minor issues.
One of the most frequent causes for zip file corruption is when you are downloading a file form the internet, and get a transfer error. Also, if you store your zip file on a specific external device which is exposed to extremely high temperature, magnetic fields, or a mechanical shock, even if you manage to repair that device, you’ll probably get a corrupted file. In the next section of this article, we are going to present one of the best ZIP file repair tools which you can use to fix your file. A systematic tutorial is also provided, and we’ll conclude the article with a tips section on how to recover zip files.
The software I am about to show you is a professional file repair tool that has been specially designed to recover data from corrupted files. Besides being able to repair corrupt ZIP files, Stellar File Repair Toolkit can also fix damaged files created in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. This ZIP file repair can extract almost any bit of information contained by a corrupted zip file. The user interface is amazingly simple to use. All you have to do is select the file you want to recover and wait a few seconds for the system to fix your file. You can then easily export the file in a fresh working copy of your data.
- Allows you to repair four different types of files namely, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Zip.
- Extremely easy to use and is designed in such a manner that anyone can use it to repair corrupted files.
- Offers a number of excellent search options to find corrupted files in an instant.
- Provides an extraordinary preview feature that allows you to see the contents of the file to be repaired.
- Capable of recovering the all of the data contained in the corrupted file.
This software can repair larger zip files up to 1.5 Gb. Likewise, it can recover any zip extension file sub-type up to WinZip 19.0. Also, you don’t have to worry about any Windows compatibility issue. You can use this program on Windows XP as well as on Windows 8.
Download File repair toolkit on your pc computer and launch it. Select the option of "Repair ZIP File", and close ZIP file window before you start to repairing process.
Step 1 Select your corrupt Zip file location to search it in drive.
Step 2 All corrupt ZIP files will display in th result section ,and click "Repair" button to process.
Step 3 After for a while, you can preview the repaired ZIP files.
Step 4 Save the ZIP files on a desired location.
- The quickest way to fix a damaged zip file is to get a fresh copy of the original file. It would help a lot if you can use your backup system to retrieve a copy of that file, or obtain a new one form its original source. If it’s a file downloaded from the internet, try to download it again;
- If you are using a removable disk, the chances are that both the zip file and the disk are corrupted. You can either try to repair the disk first, and then repair the zip file, or access the backup copy of that disk to get an undamaged copy of your damaged zip file; Sometimes the removable disk you are using may be corrupted and you are shown errors. If that’s the case, try repairing the disk or unzip your file on a different disk. That should solve the problem;
- If you tried to unzip a file on a different disk other than the one it was created on, and you are getting a corruption error, it is advised if you can unzip your file on the original file. Hopefully, the original file will be able to read the file and unzip it. If you cannot do this, then probably your removable disk or your file has been damaged and you need to find a file recovery tool either to fix your drive or your file;
- If you cannot open your zip file it doesn’t necessarily means that it is automatically corrupted. You need to check the integrity of the drive itself. Press “Windows” key and type “Chkdsk /r” to launch Windows Repair Utility. This will look at possible corruption errors and fix them.