PDF files are known for their universal appeal, security features, and tons of other added options. Though, there are times when we wish to convert PDF to GIF on Windows or Mac. The best way to convert a PDF to an image (like GIF, JPG, or PNG) is by using any reliable free online tool. Therefore, to help you convert PDF to GIF/JPG/PNG for free, I have shortlisted 6 of the best online applications that you can access on Windows, Mac, or any other platform.
In this article
ZamZar is one of the most popular online converters that has been around since 2006 and has converted over 500 million documents to date. The online tool has a dedicated application to convert PDF to BMP, GIF, JPG, etc. for free. You can convert PDF to image formats for free (of up to 50 MB size) and can get its premium subscription for other unlimited features.
- With the free version of ZamZar, you can convert one PDF file at a time to a preferred image format.
- As of now, ZamZar supports the conversion of PDF into every major image format like BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, and TIFF.
- Besides using ZamZar to convert PDF to GIF for free, it can also convert PDF files to numerous other formats like CRW, NEF, AI, HEIC, ICO, and many more.
- The free version of ZamZar PDF to BMP Converter software only allows the maximum file size of 50 MB. With its premium version, you can do unlimited batch conversion of any file size.
- The overall interface of ZamZar is easy to use.
- It supports the conversion of PDF files into 30+ other formats.
- The free version supports the maximum file size of 50 MB only.
- To use its batch processing feature, you need to get its premium version.
PDFCandy has also come up with a PDF to TIFF converter high-resolution solution that you can use online for free. The free version of PDFCandy supports a maximum file size of 500 MB. Though, if you want to convert an image to a high-resolution PDF (protected), then you can buy its premium subscription.
- The online PDF to GIF Windows/Mac converter provided by PDFCandy is super easy to use and can be accessed on any browser.
- Using the free version of PDFCandy, you can upload one PDF document at a time (of maximum 500 MB).
- PDFCandy supports the conversion of PDF files into major image formats such as JPG, PNG, TIFF, GIF, etc.
- You can also use other online tools that are provided by PDFCandy to merge PDF, convert them to Word files, protect them with a password, and so on.
- PDFCandy provides an option to convert PDF to BMP/JPG/PNG for free.
- The file size of PDF documents for its free version is 500 MB.
- The free version of PDFCandy offers a restricted hourly limit.
- To overcome its PDF size limit of 500 MB, you need to get its premium version.
EZGif is another popular online tool that you can use to convert PDF to GIF on Windows, Mac, or any other platform. Apart from GIF, it also supports the conversion of PDF documents into other formats like PNG and JPG. Though, you should know that with the basic version of EZGif, you can only convert PDF files of up to 100 MB in size and a maximum of 40 pages.
- Since EZGif is an online solution to convert PDF to GIF for free, you can access the tool on any platform of your choice.
- You can upload a single PDF document of up to 100 MB (and having a maximum of 40 pages) on EZGif and directly convert it to image formats.
- Using EZGif, you can convert PDF to GIF, PNG, and JPG formats, and can directly download the converted image on your system.
- Besides that, EZGif offers tons of other GIF-related options to create a new GIF or to convert a video to GIFs.
- The best thing about EZGif is that the online tool is available for free.
- Its overall interface is quite smooth and easy to use.
- As of now, EZGif has a maximum file size of 100 MB for PDF documents.
- It can only support PDF to JPG, GIF, and PNG conversion (other formats like BMP or TIFF are missing).
Convertio is one of the biggest online solutions that is extensively used to convert files from one format to another. It has also come up with a dedicated solution to convert PDF to BMP, JPG, TIFF, and numerous other formats for free. The free version has several resourceful features, but you can also upgrade to its premium version if your PDF file exceeds the size limit of 100 MB.
- Convertio provides a hassle-free solution to upload any PDF document and convert it into numerous image formats using its online tool.
- It supports 60+ different formats in which you can convert your PDF file, including JPG, TIFF, PNG, GIF, Jfi, FTS, and many more.
- There are also options to convert your PDF file into other documents like Word, PPT, Excel, Vectors, and eBooks.
- With the free version of Convertio, you can convert PDF files of up to 100 MB, but it will take more time and there is no batch processing feature.
- It also offers a free Google Chrome extension to convert PDF/image files.
- There are hundreds of target formats in which you can convert your PDF file using Convertio.
- If you want to convert multiple PDF files at the same time, then you need to get its premium version.
- The free version can only convert PDF files of up to 100 MB size.
As the name suggests, this is a smart PDF to image converter tool that you can access for free online. Unlike other PDF to image converters, you can load up to 20 PDF documents and convert them to JPG or PNG for free. Since the tool is entirely free, there is no premium or restricted version for PDF conversion.
- The application is available online and would let you convert PDF documents to JPG or PNG without installing any PDF to BMP converter software.
- Apart from JPG and PNG, you can also convert your PDF documents to other formats like DOC or Text.
- There is also an option to upload up to 20 PDF files to convert them into a batch via PDFtoImage converter.
- Please note that the maximum size of a PDF file supported by the PDFtoImage converter is 50 MB.
- It supports the batch conversion of up to 20 PDF files at once.
- There is also a free tool to compress PDF documents that you can access online.
- The maximum supported size of any PDF file is only 50 MB.
- Except for JPG and PNG, it doesn’t support other image formats like BMP, GIF, or TIFF.
Lastly, you can also take the assistance of the online tool by SmallPDF to convert a PDF file to a JPG format. Though, if you want to convert PDF documents to other image formats such as BMP, TIFF, PNG, etc. then you need to use its desktop version instead. Since its online version is available for free, it would provide high-level conversion results.
- You can simply upload a PDF document on SmallPDF converter and let is export it to a JPG format.
- Furthermore, the online application can also be used to convert PDF files to other formats like DOC, PPT, or XLS.
- Once the PDF file is loaded, SmallPDF will let you select the pages to convert and even adjust their boundary.
- SmallPDF offers a few other online tools that can help you merge, create, or split PDF files for free.
- Fast processing and easy to use.
- It can also be used to extract selective images from a PDF file.
- No batch processing is allowed.
- The online tool of SmallPDF only supports JPG conversion (no PNG/TIFF/BMP formats supported).
Now when you know about not one, but six different ways to convert PDF to GIF/JPG on Windows or Mac, you can easily meet your requirements. Ideally, you can explore either of the above-listed solutions to learn how to convert PDF to BMP, PNG, JPG, GIF, and other formats. To make it easier for you, I have listed the supported file types, features, pros, and cons of these PDF converters. Since they are available for free, you can explore them on your own to convert PDF to GIF, JPG, PNG, BMP, and other formats.