Sometimes TikTok video lags due to internet-related issues, server issues, and device issues. These issues can be understood and overcome easily by following simple yet helpful steps explained in the article below. Many other problems cause to lag TikTok and disturb the normal working of the app. Because of such issues, TikTok does not usually respond while playing and downloading videos.
App related causes:
Sometimes TikTok is not working because of technical issues with the app. TikTok is not loading videos or data due to some junk data and caches stored in the app.
These issues can be overcome easily using some simple steps explained below:
- Clear data and clear the cache of the app.
- Restart your phone.
- Switch on the app.
Sometimes TikTok is not working because of internet issues or network problems on your side. Such errors may occur due to prolonged internet connection and weak signals. We can resolve this issue by following some small yet so easy steps explained below:
- Check your phone's internet connection because our device is not connected to the internet.
- If your phone or device has an active internet connection, refresh or reload your TikTok app.
- Videos are not playing on TikTok due to lousy network and connectivity issues.
Device related causes:
Many times our TikTok app is not working because of some device-related problems. If your TikTok issues have not been resolved by following the above rules, you must go for some tool-related causes. For resolving this issue, you should first go to mobile settings.
- Choose Applications
- Choose TikTok, then app permissions.
- Allow mobile data and wifi.
- Restart your phone and open your TikTok app.
Tiktok video lag problems are so many, but these can be eliminated or resolved by following some simple steps.
Solution 1: Clear the caches of the TikTok
People often face hanged or crashed problems with applications such as TikTok. These issues can be resolved quickly with simple solutions. These solutions are easily understandable for everyone.
The primary reason which causes this problem is watching so many videos. So due to this, TikTok accumulates more caches that are stored in the phone memory. And in return, it causes the lagging of TikTok videos and crashing and hanging problems.
The solution to this problem is you have to clear the caches and data of the TikTok app. This solution follows some steps explained below:
- Open your TikTok app.
- Open your profile.
- Click on the options represented by three dots.
- Then hit the clear caches option.
Following these simple steps will resolve your problem quickly.
Solution 2: Updating the TikTok app
Sometimes the TikTok app on our phone doesn't open. It shows an error message that the app has stopped working. And we think that TikTok has been hanged or our phone is not supporting this app anymore. This problem occurs due to some technical issues with our phone. Sometimes our phone is not updating the app, which causes the app to stop working.
One of the right ways to overcome such problems is by updating your app manually on your phone. To update an app on your phone, you need to follow some steps, which are:
- Open your play store and search the TikTok app in it.
- Hit the update button, and your app will start updating.
- After completing the update process, restart your phone and check the TikTok app.
Hopefully, your problem will be fixed after following the above steps.
Solution 3: Restarting your phone
Most of the time, after sharing a video on TikTok, it does not work correctly and causes some issues. To resolve such problems, we have to follow some easy rules, which are:
- Clear the cache and data of the app.
- Switch off your phone.
- After switching it on again, try to use the app.
Even if your app is not working correctly after doing these steps, you should uninstall the app from your phone and then download the updated app. Your problem will be resolved.
Solution 4: Overcome the network and connectivity issues
Tiktok has become a very widely used app worldwide, but sometimes its users have to face some problems. Sometimes while watching or recording a video, an error does not let the app play the video. This issue is not directly related to the app, but we can overcome this error by using different approaches such as network problems.
Sometimes our network is causing issues to the system, and it is not supporting the videos we want to play. So the primary and foremost task to eliminate this error is to check our connectivity.
To fix the connectivity issues or ISP APN, we need to follow the following steps:
- Open the settings.
- Click on the network and internet option.
- Click on the mobile network.
- Open advanced options.
- Click on the access point names.
- Select the three full stops on the top right corner of your phone's screen.
- Then click on reset to default.
After following these steps close the settings, then go to your home screen and turn on the mobile data. Then play the video to check if the error is resolved.
Solution 5: Clearing the junk data from the app
Sometimes an error occurs, which does not allow the TikTok app to work correctly and load videos. This problem is the effect of more cache or data in the app. To clear this extra and problematic data, you have to go to the settings bar and then search for that particular application, i.e., TikTok. After this step, you need to clear the app's cache and data and restart the app. It will start working and loading videos.
Solution 6: Force stop
This is quite possible because a background process does not allow TikTok to work usually and causes videos not to play correctly. Because of that process, the TikTok app results in stopping the played video. Overcoming this issue is a piece of cake. Android users can easily overcome this issue by following the steps explained below:
For android users only.
- Open the settings icon from your phone.
- Find Applications or Apps from settings options.
- Choose TikTok after finding it in Apps.
- From the application's information page (App info), click on the force stop.
On iOS devices, it is easy to force stop an app rather than on android devices. iOS users need to follow different protocols, which are also explained below:
For iOS users only:
- The first step is to open the Application manager of your device.
- Then find the app, i.e., TikTok, and swipe it up, down, right, or left, whichever turns away the app from the app bar. This swiping is equivalent to the force stop of the app on android devices.
Solution 7: Rebooting router and modem
Most often, TikTok lags or does not work because of our lousy wifi connection. A slow wifi network causes difficulty in downloading, watching, and saving videos and results in lag TikTok. And even a lousy network causes the app to hang or crash down. We can check our network strength quickly. But rebooting your router is better. The primary reason for rebooting your router and modem is to clear the cache, causing any errors. Rebooting your router is an excellent habit because it helps to take a hit on your network strength. For rebooting your router and modem, follow these few steps discussed below:
- Find your router and modem. There will be a power cable that is attached to the router and modem both. Follow the wire to reach the power outlet, which is plugged into both the router and modem.
- Pull out the power cables from the power channel and rest to the router and modem for at least 2 or 3 minutes.
- After passing a few minutes, plug the router's power cables and modem back into the power outlet. Check their working by using any other device like a computer or mobile device.
Modern technology has made beautiful achievements and evolutions. A few decades ago, the things and acts that seemed impossible are becoming possible nowadays by merely using some accessible and small gadgets. For example, repairing a corrupted or deleted video seemed to be impossible a few years ago. But nowadays, we can easily access and find these videos using Wondershare Repairit video repair software. This software has solved a lot of problems in daily life.
If you have saved several TikTok videos to your computer, but you suddenly find that these TikTok videos can not be played, then these videos may be corrupted for some reason. But don't worry, repairing the TikTok corrupted videos is possible using the Wondershare Repairit video repair tool online or on a desktop. It only requires a few steps to follow.
You can simply visit Wondershare Repairit online website for the online version, then upload the corrupted TikTok videos. After the repair process is finished, click the "Save" button to download the repaired TikTok videos to your pc.
However, the online version can only repair video under 200MB. And only MP4/MOV/3GP video files are available. Suppose your TikTok videos are out of 200MB or these 3 formats. Then Wondershare Repairit desktop version would be the best choice to repair all your TikTok videos. Download and Install it to Windows or Mac. Follow the steps below. You can get TikTok videos to repair easily and quickly.
Step 1: Selecting a corrupted video
First of all, we need to add the corrupted or destroyed video to the repair video box. To add this video in the repair video box, we only need to select the add video option in the repair video box, which takes us to our device's browsing window. We can easily select the video. The chosen video can follow any format.
Step 2: Starting to repair the video
The rebuilding of the selected video will begin after you click on the "Repair" option. It will only consume a few moments to complete the video's loading, depending on the selected video's size. You will be tuned up about the repairing process by an indicator introduced by the software. And you will receive a notification after the completion of the repairing process of the video.
After the repair completion, you will get a notification asking about the advance repair if you are not satisfied.
Advanced repair follows the following three steps, which are:
- Adding the sample video
- Starting the restoration of the video by clicking on the repair option.
- After completing the repairing process, saving the repaired video is the last step of the advanced repair process.
Overcoming the Tiktok videos not playing problem is not a big deal. Just follow the above workable solutions, then you can easily fix the TikTok videos that can not be played error. And if your downloaded TikTok videos go corrupted, keep Repairit video repair tool in hand to help you repair such damaged TikTok videos.