Natural Color System (or NCS) is the most realistic color system in the world. It represents colors in how humans perceive them, creating the most unique yet relatable atmosphere. On the other hand, CMYK may not be realistic at all, and you may lack vivid colors if you opt for the CMYK model.
If you want to bring more life into your designs and tell a unique story, you should convert them to NCS. But how can you do that? You’ll find the answers below since we’ve created a list of the best CMYK to NCS converters currently available.
In this article
Best CMYK to NCS Converters
Here’s a list of the top CMYK to NCS converters.
1. Adobe Illustrator
Adobe is known for its fantastic design tools, such as InDesign, Dreamweaver, Muse, etc. Thus, you can expect a lot from Adobe Illustrator. This tool is incredibly easy to use for conversion purposes. However, it’s not the most beginner-friendly, and you may need to watch a tutorial to understand how it works.
On the bright side, Illustrator won’t compromise the quality of your designs or colors, which makes it one of the greatest tools available.
Some of the best features Illustrator offers include:
- Text to Vector Graphic – with the power of artificial intelligence, you can make your words come to life in just a few minutes.
- Share for Review – you can share your designs with your friends, and they can leave their honest reviews of your work within the document.
- Cloud libraries – you can store all your designs in one safe digital environment for easy access.
You can try Illustrator for free, but you’ll have to purchase the premium plan to access the aforementioned features. The price of Adobe Illustrator alone is $22.99 a month.
2. Adobe Photoshop
Adobe Photoshop is the most popular design tool in the industry. There’s nothing you can’t do with a bit of imagination and the help of such a powerful solution. Photoshop has everything you need to create the most realistic images, including NCS conversion.
However, you’ll need some previous experience with Photoshop to know how to navigate your conversion journey. It’s not just about going from one mode to another – it’s also about correcting minor mistakes that may happen during the conversion.
Photoshop offers many tools and features to boost your design experience. For instance, you can find the following features on this platform:
- Layers – Photoshop uses advanced layering systems, allowing you to view your changes quickly.
- History – you can see all the changes you’ve made to your design and look back at your creation process.
- Collaboration – you can easily communicate with other Photoshop users and leave comments and feedback within the app.
You can get a 7-day free trial of Photoshop, after which you’ll have to purchase the plan. Photoshop costs $22.99 a month, but you can find it in several different plans, such as the ones presented below.
ColorHexa is one of the simplest yet most effective color-related tools available. The interface is very straightforward, and you’ll have no issues converting your designs from CMYK to NCS with the help of this tool.
This incredible solution has been around for more than a decade. During this time, its features have improved immensely, and it is now undoubtedly one of the most efficient solutions you can use to boost your design journey.
ColorHexa doesn’t offer too many features. Instead, it’s a simple tool to help you detect and convert your colors. Here are some of the best features you can find on this platform:
- Search – you can describe the color and let the program find the exact tone you’re looking for.
- Color subtraction – you can subtract any color from another color to create a new tone.
- Color blender – if you’re wondering what two colors may look like blended, ColorHexa will solve your mystery.
ColorHexa is an entirely free tool, and there isn’t a catch. They won’t ask for a dime to let you use the features.
EasyRGB is a color search engine tool that allows you to experiment with your colors. This tool was designed to provide professional services, even if you have little to no experience in the field. You can convert, search, and match your colors with the help of this tool’s strong algorithms.
This tool has unlimited potential – all you need is your imagination or an idea to make your dreams come to life.
EasyRGB offers quite a few unique features, such as:
- Create harmonies – you can create a unique color scheme or theme with the help of EasyRGB.
- Color matching – the tool’s color matching feature will give you the most accurate results.
- Finding similar collections – if you need inspiration for your next project, you can find palettes and collections similar to your preferences and get motivation from them.
- Converting color values – EasyRGB’s color “calculator” will allow you to convert your colors to different spaces and models easily.
EasyRGB is another completely free tool you can use. It’s available to anyone with an internet connection.
5. CMYK Tool
CMYK Tool is a simple yet speedy and efficient conversion tool. It offers numerous conversion options, so you’ll find an option that fits your conversion needs. Aside from the conversion features, the CMYK Tool provides all the essential tools for professional color designs.
The best thing about the CMYK Tool is its simplicity and ease of use. Even if you’re new to the industry, you can navigate around this platform.
Some of the most prominent features you can find on the CMYK Tool platform include:
- Color search – you can describe the color you want to get, and the engine will present you with its code.
- Color picker – you can extract colors from images, wheels, and other elements with ease, thanks to the CMYK Tool.
- Converters – CMYK Tool offers numerous conversion options that will fulfill all your color needs.
CMYK is also an entirely free conversion tool. They don’t offer paid options, and all the features are available to any internet user.
Bonus Color Tool: Repairit Online Photo Colorizer
Once you convert your designs from CMYK to NCS, you may notice some colors doesn't turn out great. You may lose the initial brightness and quality and need a special tool to help you bring your designs back to life.
Here comes Repairit! It’s an all-in-one AI tool that will meet all your repair needs and requirements. Even if your image become corrupted, Repairit Photo Repair is here to save the day.
One of this tool’s best features is the online photo colorizer, which will return the desired atmosphere to your designs. Here are some of this tool’s most impressive features:
- It’s automatically powered by AI.
- You can use it on any device.
- It covers JPG/JPEG/PNG/BMP/WEBP.
Thus, if you end up losing some colors on your designs, head to the official website and follow the steps below:
Step 1: Insert your image by clicking the Upload Image button or dragging and dropping your file.
Step 2: You will be redirected to the workspace of AI Enhancement. Choose Old Photo Colorizer to upload the image. Then, click the Start button.
Step 3: Wait for the program to colorize your image.
Step 4: After it’s done, you can preview output effect. Click the Download button to save it if your are satisfied.
Choosing the right color scheme may be difficult, especially if you’re new to the design industry. If you’re looking for the most realistic scheme to bring out that true, one-of-a-kind atmosphere, you may opt for NCS. However, there’s a catch – you must convert your designs from CMYK to NCS.
To help you on this quest, we have created a list of the best, most reliable tools you can use for your conversion journey. You can choose the one that fits your preferences best and convert away! Don’t forget to check out the bonus tool to maximize your efficiency and bring back colors to your designs.