The outlook is being used by millions of people worldwide and even the most experienced users might meet with various errors. These errors can cause serious damage to the data. To avoid data loss, we need to know How to Back up Outlook PST Files.
If your error has already occurred, don't worry! Usually, there are simple methods to fix the issue. In this article, we will go through steps on how to fix the "Outlook (.pst) Is Not Compatible" error.
Usually, the "Outlook(.pst) Is Not Compatible" reads as followed:
"The file file_name.pst is not compatible with this version of the Personal Folders information service. Contact your Administrator." Or "Outlook.pst is not compatible".
In case you come across such an error, there are some tips for y
- Run Outlook, locate the file in question by clicking on "Data File Management", and click "Add".
- Choose "Outlook 97-2002 Personal Folder File (PST)" and click "OK" to form an ANSI file. After this, close the window.
- At the bottom of your navigation pane, you will see your newly created .pst file in the "Folder List".
- Drag the data from the existing folders of Outlook 2003 or 2007 to the new .pst file. As an alternative, it is possible to use an Export Wizard or import for the "File" menu.
- Finally, choose the newly created .pst file and click "Close File_Name".
Whenever you come across the Outlook incompatible error, there is always a simple tool to fix it. Stellar Outlook PST Repair is a powerful tool that can fix all mailbox components within the files such as emails, attachments, contacts, calendar items, journals, notes, etc. And let's explore more of its beneficial features together.
- Recovers accidentally deleted Emails that were purged by mistake or lost due to unplanned system formatting
- Allows saving recovered mails in EML, MSG, RTF, HTML, and PDF formats
- Supports repair of encrypted & password protected PST files
- Enables you to arrange scanned emails using various criteria such as "Date", "From", "To", "Subject", "Type", "Attachment", and "Importance"
- Repairs corrupted Outlook file created in MS Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002 (XP), & 2000 and MS Office 2016, 2013, 2010 (64-bit version), 2007 & 2003;Supports Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista.
Step 1 Search the incompatible or corrupted Outlook PST files from the local drive.
Step 2 All PST files with the "Outlook PST is not compatible" error is listed in the result section.
Step 3 Preview the repaired PST files and check the repaired emails.
Step 4 Save repaired Outlook PST files in many formats.
No Outlook error is pleasant for the user, especially errors that involve .pst files as they can usually result in complete loss of your Outlook data. In most cases, there are a couple of methods and tools to solve these unwanted errors. However, in some cases, these methods can fail and more powerful tools must be used. Luckily there is the best free pst repair tool for MS Outlook-Stellar Outlook Repair Tool.