Nowadays, Microsoft Outlook gains popularity all around the world. People use it in personal and business communications. It is a bridge between families and partners. Among all the users, some met problems like corrupted Outlook PST files. Since they are new in the email repair area, they may wonder how to fix the problem and get everything to normal.
In the article, you can learn basics about Outlook PST files and methods to repair your PST File in Outlook 2010. Let's start!
A Personal Storage Table ( .PST file) is a Microsoft Outlook 2010 data file that can store user's data files for IMAP, POP3, and web-based email accounts. The files might include the mail folders and various types of items in the mail folders such as messages, contacts, journals, notes, tasks, attachments, and the like.
The PST files are adopted by all formats of Microsoft Outlook, which offers an efficient method to store the important data in reliable formats. In the Microsoft Outlook 2000 & 2002 versions, the PST files had been stored in ANSI format with a maximum size of 2 GB. As technology progressed, the PST files were stored in a Unicode format in Outlook 2007 with 20 GB size and in Outlook 2010 with 50 GB size. For the Windows Vista and later Operating Systems, the Microsoft Outlook PST files are usually stored by default C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Outlook Files for Outlook 2010.
Now you have got the basic features and development of Outlook Personal Storage Table. And the following are reasons why the PST files of Outlook 2010 may get corrupted.
Reasons for Outlook PST file Corruption:
- As the PST files reside on the network server and if there occurs any problem in the network interface like the hubs, routers, cables, cards; then the PST files might get damaged or corrupted.
- If the disk storage like the hard drives might crash, this too might result in the loss of the PST files.
- If the Personal Computer has been attacked by a virus or any malicious group, your PST files might stand at a higher risk of corruption or damage.
- If the Microsoft Outlook 2010 might result in the deficiency of some of its functionality, the PST files could also get damaged or corrupted.
The breakdown of the Microsoft Outlook 2010 is resulting in the major loss of data or information which are stored in the.PST file format. Worried about how to repair PST file in Outlook 2010? You could ensure the quickest and the most reliable recovery of the Wondershare Repairit for Email which has some of the salient features like:
Repair damaged PST & OST Files in Outlook in all Email corruption scenarios, such as hard disk crashes & bad sectors, virus attacks & tojan horse, outlook corruption & malfunctions, improper shutdown procedure, etc.
Restore Outlook Emails deleted for a long time and extract the Email messages, folders, calendars, etc. within seconds.
Repair corrupted Emails and restore deleted Emails with a 100% success rate.
Repair Emails in bathes without size limits and support to preview all of them before saving.
Compatible with Windows 7/8/8.1/10/11, Windows Server 2012/2016/2019, and MacOS X 10.11~ MacOS 12 (Monterey).
This Outlook PST repair tool offers the best and the most reliable solutions to the users to recover damaged files with much ease by using the following steps:
Step 1 Download Repairit for Email onto your PC. Upon the installation, a primary screen will come up over which the users can search the damaged or corrupt PST files.
Step 2 Scan the damaged or the corrupt PST files which one would like to repair or recover.
Step 3 After the scanning process is over, preview and save the repaired PST file.
Finally, you can save the repaired PST file. By the way, as for Outlook 2007, you can refer to this post: How to Repair PST File in Outlook 2007. Also, The users must keep some simple precautionary tips in their mind while using the PST files in Microsoft Outlook 2010. These tips might help the.PST files from getting damaged or corrupted easily. These are:
- The PST files must be prevented from the virus attacks as these tend to cause the corruption of the PST data files. Hence, the users must install proper antivirus software in their system to save the PST files or data.
- The users must always create proper backups of the PST files regularly.
- The Microsoft Outlook 2010 must not be switched off while sending the emails or the messages.