MS Outlook is an email application that is used for personal and business communications. But the functioning of Outlook often gets affected due to some technical snag. '0x800ccc13 outlook error' is one of the typical issues faced after upgrading Windows OS. It halts the sending and receiving of emails in Outlook.
If you don't have enough knowledge of this error, it might seem like an enigma to crack. In this article, we have explained all the different aspects of the outlook error 0x800ccc13, including symptoms, causes, and various solutions to fix the error.
When you encounter an Outlook error, you might experience difficulty in accessing some of its features. Here are some of the sure short ways that indicate that you are facing the issue.
- Unable to send or receive Outlook emails: You won't be able to send and receive any emails from the Microsoft Outlook application.
- Access to some MS Outlook files is restricted: It might show some error while trying to access some of its files.
- Removal of crucial tasks, calendar, and more: In such scenarios, some of the Outlook features might be deleted.
- Unable to save changes in the Outlook PST: You may find it hard to save your files as most of the functionalities of Outlook gets restricted.
- Issues in opening MS Outlook: After the Windows OS gets updated, if the MS Outlook application is not opening up, it a clear sign of outlook error 0x800ccc13.
Before we talk about the solutions to the problem, you must know of the possible causes. Numerous factors lead to the appearance of Outlook Error 0x800ccc13.
- Malware Intrusion: A virus can impact different functionalities of your computer. Hence, it can also corrupt the PST files and significantly increases the chances of the Outlook error.
- Outlook add-in: Though we use add-ins to leverage additional features, the faulty or damaged add-in can cause the error.
- Corrupted PST files: A corrupted PST file can hinder the functionality of Outlook. In such cases, you will probably get the message displayed in the application.
- Hardware Problems: Sometimes, a possible glitch in your computer's hard drive or a damaged hardware component may affect the software applications. So, it may also affect the working of MS Outlook.
- Accidental Showdown: A forceful shutdown of your computer could corrupt some system files that may hinder the seamless functioning of software applications.
As a result of numerous causes mentioned in the article, the functioning of MS Outlook often gets compromised. If you come across outlook error 0x800ccc13, try to implement the solutions mentioned below and check if the problem persists or not.
Solution 1: Use Windows System Checker
Windows System File Checker or SFC is a tool that is incorporated in most versions of Windows. It's an efficient tool that is used for repairing corrupted system files in your Windows installation.
System File Checker can be run on command prompt in two ways - from windows and with recovery media.
Follow the steps mentioned below to fix this outlook error.
Step 1: Close the Windows outlook application.
Step 2: Go to the 'Start' tab and click on the 'command prompt.'
Step 3: Type 'SFC' or 'Scan Now' and hit 'Enter' on the Command Prompt window. Make sure that you don't enter it in the space of command prompt. It might take some time for the process to complete.
Step 4: Once the process is completed, restart your system. Open Microsoft Outlook and check if the issue is resolved.
Solution 2: Check the immovable email in the outbox
Make sure that there's no email stuck in the Outlook. If you find one, delete it. Once you remove it, check if you can send emails, or it's still showing 0x800ccc13 outlook error.
There are various reasons why email got stuck in Outlook Outbox.
- Large attachment files often slow down the sending of an email.
- Due to some add-in feature, emails are often marked as viewed in the outbox.
- If the mail server doesn't certify your Microsoft Outlook account, it gets stuck in the outbox.
- Microsoft Outlook goes offline.
- In case your send and receive settings are incorrect, email gets stuck in the outbox.
- If antivirus programs scan your outgoing mails, it may stop emails from sending out.
Solution 3: Update Outlook
One effective way to fix the 'outlook error 0x800ccc13 cannot connect to the network' is troubleshooting. You require to install the update patch from Microsoft's website. A large number of users face Outlook error, Microsoft addresses the issue and provides the Outlook driver update.
The process of updating the Microsoft Outlook is quick & easy and includes the following steps.
Step 1: Open any Microsoft Application such as word document.
Step 2: Click on 'File' and open the 'Account' option.
Step 3: Under 'Product Information,' select the 'Updates' option
Step 4: Click on 'Update Now.'
Solution 4: Alter Registry so that you can Fix Outlook Error
When you install the latest updates, sometimes the registry value gets changed. In such cases, you need to alter registry values manually. Follow the steps to know how to do so.
Step 1: Press 'Windows' and 'R' keys together. It will open 'Run.'
Step 2: Type-in 'Regedit' in the run command and open 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.'
Step 3: Open the 'Microsoft' folder. Go to 'Windows' and open the current version folder.
Step 4: Select the 'Run' folder.
Step 5: If you see Outlook error 0x800ccc13, delete the file.
Step 6: Now 'Restart' your computer.
Solution 5: Start Outlook in Safe Mode
You can use Microsoft Outlook Safe Mode feature to resolve the network connectivity issue. It lets the email program open with a limited set of features. Moreover, it also blocks any extensions that might hinder the troubleshooting. So, if the application is recently crashed, it can be launched in safe mode.
Step 1: You can access the run dialog box by tapping the 'Windows' Key and 'R' together.
Step 2: Now, type-in 'Outlook' or 'Safe' in the Run dialog box.
Step 3: Check if 0x800ccc13 outlook error pops-up on the system or not.
If the issue doesn't resolve after opening your Outlook in the safe mode, it could be a result of some add-in.
Solution 6: Repair the PST file using ScanPST.exe
If all the methods mentioned in the article don't resolve the issue, there is a possibility that your Outlook PST file is corrupted. To repair it, you can use Microsoft in-built inbox repair tool called scanpst.exe. It fixes the corrupted file in the PST. It's an efficient tool that repairs any issues that are related to PST files (personal folders).
However, you must know that it can only rectify small corruption in PST. When the files are severely corrupted, then scanpst.exe won't be a viable solution.
Follow the steps to repair corrupt PST files using scanpst.exe.
Step 1: Make a copy of the corrupt files. Save it locally on a machine or to any other location.
Step 2: Open 'Scan PST' located in the mentioned location (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12 (Outlook 2007))
Step 3: Run the Inbox Repair Tool and follow these steps.
Step 4: Tap on the 'Start' button.
Step 5: Depending on the version of Windows OS, you will either see a 'Find' or 'Search' option.
Step 6: Enter 'scanpst.exe' in the search box.
Step 7: Double-click on the Scanpst.exe file. It will open the Inbox Repair Tool.
Step 8: Enter the path and name of the PST files. As an alternative method, tap on 'Browse' for locating the file.
Step 9: Click 'Start.' Run Scan PST multiple times until the error count is nil.
Step 10: Now, rename the repaired PST files.
Solution 7: By removing Outlook Add-in
Add-in is a feature that performs several actions that an Outlook doesn't necessarily provide. Sometimes, due to network latency of switching between multiple features, it slows down the rest of the Outlook.
If that's the case, follow the steps to fix the issue.
Step 1: Tap on the 'File' menu in Outlook.
Step 2: Find the options in the list.
Step 3: Now, go through the 'Add-ins' section.
Step 4: Remove the 'Add-ins' in an orderly fashion and try to find the faulty add-in.
Solution 8: Using an automated method of using professional PST Repair Tool
If none of the solutions solves the 0x800ccc13 outlook error, you can use a third-party app to fix the issue. Stellar Outlook Repair is software that scans corrupt PST files, fixes Outlook 0x800ccc13 Error, and allows you to save repaired data in different formats. It also recovers all the mailbox contents, including attachments, calendars, notes, and more.
Launch the app on your system and follow the steps below to fix the issue.
Step 1: Add PST file
Click on the 'Browse' or 'Find' option.
Step 2: Repair the PST file
You will get a list of recoverable data.
Step 3: Scan and Preview Recoverable data
Check the data recovered after the scan and preview it.
Step 4: Save the Repaired PST in the desired format
Now, save all the files you need in your desired file format.
The Bottom Line
0x800ccc13 outlook error is a typical error that occurs after software upgrades.class although you can reset your system to a previous date before your system was updated, it is not a feasible solution to entertain.
With the help of all the solutions mentioned, you will be able to rectify the outlook error. And if that doesn't work, you can always rely on Stellar Outlook Repair to fix the issue. Next time you come across such a problem after the Windows upgrade, you know how to approach the situation.