Microsoft Outlook is a globally used email application. However, at times you have trouble connecting to your emails from outlook because the profile gets corrupted mainly because of corrupted PST. This article discusses how to repair the Outlook profile. If the corruption is minimal, it can be repaired with a built-in Inbox Repair Tool. However, in cases where Inbox Repair Tool fails to repair the Outlook profile, you can use Stellar PST recovery software.
Microsoft Outlook is your email organizer, most widely used for sending and receiving email messages. You can access the emails that are downloaded earlier without connecting to the internet. Apart from being an email application, it has versatile features like create meetings, appointments, notes, tasks, and much more.
However, at times the outlook profile may undergo corruption, whereby you may face issues connecting to the email from outlook. Whenever there's a problem in Microsoft Outlook, you are likely to face different error messages.
Some of the common error messages are listed below:
Error 1: Cannot Start MS Outlook
While an attempt to start MS Outlook, if the app displays an error message "Cannot Start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window", there are many reasons which may trigger this common error.
- As per Microsoft, the damaged Navigation pane settings file (i.e. profile name.xml) is MS Outlook profile name. If in case, the volume of this file becomes 0 KB, it becomes corrupt.
- If you attempt to start Outlook in the compatibility mode, or the Outlook data file gets deleted accidentally or intentionally, the corresponding error message takes place.
Error 2: Outlook Not Responding
When the application suddenly hangs, stuck in between, or freezes all of a sudden, there are chances that either the user profile has turned corrupt, or the PST file is damaged. It occurs if you try to initiate another command while Outlook is in operation or the mailbox exceeds the stipulated storage limitation.
Click to find out methods on Outlook Not Respond.
MS Outlook is a globally used email application. However, at times Outlook profile gets corrupted and you have trouble connecting to your email from Outlook. One of the many reasons for Outlook profile corruption is corrupted PST. Sometimes due to corrupted PST, the profile becomes inaccessible and needs repair. Another reason is when the size of the PST file maxes it, sometimes the PST file size is limited.
So this part of the article discusses the steps to let Outlook diagnose and fix errors in your Outlook profile.
Repair Profile in MS Outlook 2010/2013/2016/2019
- In the Outlook window, click on the File menu
- Click the down-arrow sign available next to Account Setting
- Select Account Settings from the given options
- Select the Outlook profile on the Email tab and then click on Repair
- Next, follow the prompts in the wizard, and when you're done, restart Outlook.
If the above-mentioned steps don't appear to help resolve the Outlook profile issue, then check for the latest updates. If the updates are not installed for the current version of the application, Outlook might begin to work abnormally.
Repair Profile in MS Outlook 2007
- Click on Tools and then go to Account Settings
- Select account profile in the Email tab and then click on Repair
- Next, follow the instructions and prompts as displayed in the wizard
- Once the process is completed, restart Outlook to sync changes
The above-mentioned steps can help resolve the minor issues that cause interruption while accessing the Outlook profile.
Outlook Inbox Repair Tool
Microsoft provides the Inbox Repair tool (Scanpst.exe) that is designed to help repair problems that are associated with a personal folder (.pst) files.
Repair Profile with Inbox Repair Tool
Step 1 Exit Outlook and start the Inbox Repair Tool
Step 2 Repair the .pst file
In the Inbox Repair tool, type the path and the file name of your folders (.pst) file or click Browse to locate the file by using the Windows file system, and then click Start.
Step 3 Recover repaired items to a new .pst file
After you run the Inbox Repair Tool, you can start Outlook and recover repaired items.
To start, create a new Personal Folders (.pst) file entry in your profile. Then, you can move the recovered items to your new Personal Folders (.pst) file.
- Start Outlook.
- Press CTRL+6 to turn on the Folder List view.
- In your Folder List, you should see the following recovered folders: Recovered Personal Folders i.e. calendar, contacts, tasks, notes, etc.
- Create a new Personal Folder (.pst) file in your profile.
- Drag the recovered items from the Lost and Found folder to your new Personal Folders (.pst) file.
- When you have finished moving all items, you can remove the Recovered Personal Folders (.pst) file from your profile. This includes the Lost and Found folder.
Inbox repair tool diagnoses and repair errors in Outlook data file. However, there are times when the inbox repair tool fails to deliver expected results. Here Stellar PST recovery software comes to the rescue.
Stellar PST recovery software is a specialized PST file repair utility, purpose-built to fix corrupt Outlook Data File. The software overcomes the limitations of Inbox Repair Tool, and here's how:
- Recovers emails, attachments, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, etc.
- Shows an enhanced preview of the mailbox for precise PST recovery
- Splits & compacts PST file, and can export the repaired PST to Office 365 – Technician
- Repairs PST files of Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 & older versions
- Effectively repairs large PST files with severe corruption
Steps to Repair Outlook Data File (.pst) by using Stellar PST recovery software:
Follow these steps to repair Outlook Data File by using Stellar PST recovery software:
Step 1 Download and install Stellar PST recovery software
Step 2 Launch Stellar PST recovery software
Step 3 Select PST File
In the 'Select PST File for Repair' window, click Browse or Find to select the PST file you wish to repair
Step 4 Repair File
Click Repair to begin the scanning process
Step 5 After completion of the scanning process, all the recovered PST file items (folders) will be shown in the left pane of the preview window. Click on a particular item (folder) to view its content in the middle pane and its details in the right pane.
Step 6 Save Files. To save the repaired PST file, click Save Repaired File icon on the Home menu
Step 7 In Save As window, select PST under Save As section
Step 8 Click Browse to choose the destination path where you would like to save your repaired file and Click OK
Step 9 In the Saving in Progress window, you can check the current status of the file saving process.
Step 10 When prompted, click OK, and the repaired file will be saved at the specified location.
Once the saving process is complete, close the software window. Launch Outlook and import the newly created PST file.
Outlook profile becomes inaccessible mainly because of corrupted PST. PST file size grows beyond the recommended limit. Though, Microsoft provides a built-in Inbox Repair Tool (SCANPST.EXE) to diagnose and repair errors in the Outlook profile. But due to its limitations, Inbox Repair Tool may fail to deliver the expected results. However, Stellar PST recovery software has solved the problem. The software effectively repairs corrupt Outlook Data File (.pst), irrespective of its size and extent of corruption. It is trusted by worldwide users to recover mailbox items from corrupt .pst. The tool can parse severely corrupt PST of all sizes, and recovers emails, contacts, calendar etc. It supports Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013 & earlier versions.Just download the software and begin to recover your Outlook profile.