Gone are the days when Facebook was just meant for posting your pictures. Millions of entertaining and informative videos are uploaded daily on the platform. And that's why many people love to watch Facebook videos on a browser for a better visual experience.
But lately, many users have reported that Facebook videos not playing correctly in FireFox. It is a severe mood killer and can happen to anybody, anytime. So if you're having this issue, then cheer up.
Below are some simple workarounds to troubleshoot Facebook video-related problems on every browser. Make sure you read the article until the end to get rid of this issue.
This section aims to provide common reasons for Facebook videos not playing along with how to fix it. Let’s take a quick look!
1. Restart Your Router
A slow internet connection is the leading cause of issues in playing Facebook videos. If your internet is weak or disconnected, Facebook videos won’t play no matter what you do. So, the first thing you should be doing is test the internet speed.
Just open another webpage and refresh it. If it loads quickly, then your internet is working fine. If not, using a third-party program like SPEEDTEST or Ookla gives you a hint about the performance of your internet. If it isn’t satisfactory, restart the Wi-Fi router. More often than not, it automatically addresses the internet issue. Else, you need to contact the internet service provider and request them to fix the internet connection.
2. Restart Your Browser
A minor browser bug can often be why Facebook videos are not playing in Chrome. It can happen for many reasons and interrupts the normal loading of applications, including Facebook videos. The quickest way to fix it is by restarting your web browser. Luckily, the process is as simple as it can get. Check out the below steps for refreshing the browser on different web browsers.
• Open the Chrome browser.
• Hold down Ctrl (Control) + Shift and click R. This will refresh the page.
• Open the Safari browser.
• Hold down the Ctrl key and press the F5 key to refresh the browser.
On Mozilla Firefox
• Open Mozilla Firefox and Hold down the Ctrl, Shift, and the 'R' keys.
3. Clear Cache
All web browsers store caches and cookies of the websites you have visited. Using this data, the browser loads quickly the next time you visit those websites. But cookies can accumulate over time and can get infected with malware. So, try deleting cache and cookies on your browser. Facebook cannot play video despite a good internet connection. For that:
1. Click on the three dots icon on the top-right corner and go to History > History.
2. Hit Clear browsing data from the left tab and select All time under Time Range.
3. Click the Cached images and Cookies checkboxes.
4. Finally, hit Clear data and relaunch the browser.
1. Hit the Safari menu at the top and go to Preferences.
2. Then, select the Show Developer checkbox on the Advanced tab.
3. Here, click on the Develop option and hit Empty Caches.
4. To erase cookies, navigate to Safari > Preferences > Privacy.
5. Hit Manage Website Data, select Remove All, and click on Done.
On Mozilla Firefox
1. From the top-right corner of the Firefox window, hit the Open menu.
2. Then, navigate to Options > Privacy & Security.
3. Check clear data and clear cookies options and hit Clear, then relaunch the browser.
4. Turn Off Hardware Acceleration
Hardware acceleration is a built-in service that allows some computer services or programs to perform more efficiently. But it can interrupt the normal working of other programs and might be why Facebook videos are not playing correctly in FireFox. So, it’s recommended to disable this feature on your browser while playing Facebook videos. Check out the below instructions to do that:
1. Click on the three dots icon on the top-right corner and go to Settings.
2. Hit Advance at the bottom and navigate the “Use hardware acceleration when available” option.
3. Turn off the toggle before it and relaunch the browser.
On Mozilla Firefox
1. From the Open menu, click on Options.
2. Scroll down to the “Use recommended performance settings” checkbox and uncheck it.
3. Then, uncheck the “Use hardware acceleration when available” checkbox.
4. Restart the browser.
1. Launch your browser and hit the three dots at the top-right corner.
2. Go to Settings > Privacy and Security > Site Setting. Here, scroll down to Content.
On Mozilla Firefox
1. Open any window on Mozilla Firefox and type "about:config" into the address bar and enter.
2. A warning message will pop up. Click on the "Accept the Risk and Continue" button to proceed.
1. Make sure the Safari Window is opened. Navigate to Safari > Preferences.
3. Close the Preferences window and play your Facebook video again. Hopefully, it will run smoothly.
We often save videos on a PC to watch them without the internet anytime. Often, these videos can get damaged due to malware attacks, disk corruption, etc. But worry not, as Wondershare Repairit offers a simple procedure to repair these videos.
With just a few clicks, you can play the video in the original quality, irrespective of the level of corruption. The program uses GPU acceleration to boost the repairing speed several times faster than the normal tools. In addition, it lets you repair the damaged videos in batch. These two features come in handy if you have multiple videos to be repaired.
But what’s most impressive is its Advanced Repair feature which can repair even the worst damaged videos. In addition, you can preview the fixed video before saving it on your device.
Support to repair damaged videos with all levels of corruption, such as video not playing, blurry video, flickering video, etc.
Support to repair videos of diverse formats, such as MP4, MOV, AVI, MTS, MKV, etc.
Repair critically damaged or corrupted videos available on SD cards, phones, cameras, USB flash drives, and more.
Compatible with Mac OS, Windows PC, and supports PC to mobile transferring/sharing.
Step 1: Run Wondershare Repairit on your PC after installation.
On its home interface, hit Add Videos to import your damaged videos.
Step 2: Start the video repair process.
Once the videos are uploaded, the program will display the details of each video on the screen, then choose one or choose all uploaded videos and click "Repair" to start the repair process.
Step 3: Preview and save the repaired photos.
Repairit will hardly take a few minutes to get the job done, after the video(s) get repaired, you can click the "Preview" button to check the repaired video quality, then press the “Save” button if your're satisfied with the result.
If you're unsatisfied with the result, try the "Advanced Repair" feature to make a more professional video repair process. See a more detailed guide here.
After reading this article, you won’t face the issue of why my Facebook videos are not playing on the browser. This article has listed some proven solutions to troubleshoot this problem on the three popular web browsers. And luckily, these methods work 99% of the time, and you can run Facebook videos smoothly.
If the downloaded videos on your computer are corrupt, then use Wondershare Repairit to fix them. With this tool installed on your PC, repairing damaged videos is at your fingertips.