Like other files on PC, MP3 files are also susceptible to errors that make them unplayable. But there’s no need to panic as we’ve got your back. Before you trash the song or download the file again, consider using an mp3 repair tool to cover the damage.
The internet is bustling with plenty of tools to repair audio files quickly. Using these tools is an ideal way to revive your non-functional mp3 files. Wondering how to initiate the repair process? Here, we have pulled together the five simple ways to repair your mp3 files.
The post also covers the ultimate way to repair corrupted videos. Keep scrolling the page and start making notes now.
There are plenty of reasons that make your audio file unplayable, including virus infection or inappropriate downloading. But why worry when you have a solution.
Are you ready to repair the damaged MP3 files but unsure about where to start from? Here’s a quick rundown of the five easy yet practical ways to repair those corrupted or unplayable audios.
Using MP3 Repair Tool
The first and most straightforward method to initiate the repair is using an mp3 repair tool, with a simple interface and easy-to-use functionality, Repairit - Audio Repair can quickly fix the audio files by automatically match the sample audio and restore the best quality of the corrupt ones. Meanwhile, we've tested that it's virus-free, so it's very safe to install it on your Windows or Mac system.
Repair damaged audios with all levels of corruption, such as audio not working, clipping audio, humming audio, rumbling audio, sibilant audio, out-of-sync audio, etc.
Repair audios of diverse formats, including MP3, M4A, FLAC, AAC, WAV, etc.
Repair damaged or corrupted audios from mutiple devices: portable voice recorder, recording software, shooting apparatus, SD cards, phones, hard drives, USB flash drives, etc.
Support Windows 11/10/8/7/Vista, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016/2019/2022, and macOS 10.10~macOS 13.
After you've installed Repairit on your computer, let's follow the steps below.
Step 1: After launching Wondershare Repairit on your Windows PC, select the More Types Repair option from the sidebar, and then, click "Audio Repair".
Note: If you want to fix MP3 video related issues, please choose the "Video Repair" function.
Step 2: Click the "Repair" button to initiate the audio repairing process. A window appears telling you to add good sample audios with the same audio format as the corrupted audios, and the sample audio will apply to all audio of the same format.
Step 3: After adding the sample audio, and click "Repair", Repairit will begin to repair your audio files with high efficiency. Just wait a few seconds in this step.
Step 4: Now you can preview and save your repaired audio files.
The second best method to repair your corrupted audio files is to use the iTunes app. It is a media management application that allows you to store or play music files. With this app, you can easily manage your entire media collection in one place.
Furthermore, you can also use this application to convert your files into different formats. This encoding or file conversion feature mainly removes the broken sectors and does the job for you. Wandering about how you can make iTunes and mp3 repair tool? Follow the steps mentioned below and carry out the process quickly.
- At first, launch iTunes on your system and pick the damaged mp3 files to initiate the repair process.
- Click on the file you need to fix and go to the File menu at the top.
- You need to select the “Convert” option and click on the “Create Mp3 Version” option to proceed further.
- As soon as you click the option, the app will start converting the file and creates another mp3 version.
- The resulting file is error-free, and you can play the same in any media player without any issues.
Using MP3 Diags-Open Source
Still, facing the trouble? Fret not, as we have another solution for you!! Use MP3 Diags and check if this tool can do the needful. It is a GUI-based application that allows end-users to locate the issue with their Mp3 files and fix them within the least possible time.
The best thing is that it is an open-source app available for free. Using this tool is not a challenge, thanks to its user-friendly interface. MP3 Diags lets you identify 50 different issues and provides the methods to fix many of them.
Here’s how you can use the tool to conduct mp3 repair.
- Download MP3 Diags from a reliable source and launch the tool on your computer.
- Go to the top menu on the home screen and locate the Gear icon. Click on it and add your MP3 folders where the corrupted file is saved.
- Once the folder is added, the tool will scan it to find the issue and fix your broken MP3 files in no time.
- MP3 Diags save the repaired file separately with _repaired as suffix so you can easily identify the same.
Using MP3Val-Open Source
The following mp3 repair tool that allows you to fix your corrupted music files is MP3Val. It is an open-source tool that fixes all the issues present in your audio file within a few clicks. The best thing about the tool is that it is a web-based application, and you don’t have to install it on your system before using it.
Execute the process mentioned below and repair your music files on the go.
- Open the web browser of your choice and download MP3val on your computer.
- After, extract the archive and open the executable file.
- Now, click on the File Menu available at the top and tap on the “Add Files” button to add the damaged MP3 files that you want to fix the application.
- Once the files are added to the tool, click on the “Actions” tab and tap “Scan All” to scan all the audio files.
- The State column present in the tool indicates the problems in the damaged files. Click on the Actions menu again and choose Repair All Files to fix these MP3 files.
Repair MP3 files Online
Last but not least is to conduct the mp3 repair online and fix the issue with ease. If you face trouble with a single or a few files, get them repaired online without installing anything on your system. Here’s how you can do it.
- Launch the browser and navigate to the mp3Repair website.
- Click on the “Upload” icon and choose an MP3 file to be repaired or edited.
- You can choose a drag-and-drop option and remote upload the same from a URL.
- Once it gets uploaded, tick the checkbox that says Repair Audio Length and click on the Repair/ Edit your MP3 file to start the repairing process.
- Click on the orange button in the middle to download the repaired file.
Part 2: Looking For Added Solution To Repair Corrupted Videos? Check Wondershare Repairit
In addition to audio files, you might face trouble with videos. In that case, turn to Wondershare Repairit and get your damaged videos repaired in no time. This third-party tool is a one-stop solution to fix the broken videos. It is a super-friendly video repair tool that ensures instant repair.
Wondershare Repair is known for its high success rate.
It is compatible with many file formats, including MOV, MP4, MTS, etc.
- It lets you check the repaired video so you can ensure the overall quality.
Step-by-Step process to use Wondershare Repairit.
Here’s the step-by-step process to fix the damaged and broken video files using the Wondershare Repair.
Step 1: Add corrupted video file
- First of all, download and launch the Wondershare Repairit on your system.
- After that, click on the Add button to add the corrupted video.
- Once the video is uploaded, the interface shows the information of the corrupted video file, including File Size, File Path, Resolution, etc.
Step 2: Repair Video
- Click the repair button to initiate the MP3 repair The tool will take a while to complete the procedure.
- Once the tool has done the repair process, it will let you know about saving and previewing the repaired file.
2.1: Preview the File
- Click on the Preview button to check the overall quality of the video. If everything is alright, click the Save button to save the repaired video. However, if you still find any trouble, click on the Advanced button to move further.
2.2: Advanced Repair
- To initiate the advanced repair, add a sample video to repair. This file is created with the same device and identical format as the corrupted video.
- Click on the Repair button to get it done. It will take a while to complete the process.
Step 3: Save the video
- Tap on the Save button and store the repaired files successfully.
So, that’s all about the mp3 repair process. We hope this guide will help you fix the broken music files so you can enjoy your favorite music files once again. It’s no wonder that corrupted audios are way more frustrating and can spoil the mood instantly. But there’s no need to worry about it as we have compiled the best solutions to get rid of the trouble.
Use the methods listed above and fix the corrupted music files in the least possible time. Moreover, if you want to repair the broken video file, you can simply turn to Wondershare Repairit and get it done easily.